Earthquakes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Earthquakes

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 am

so i just had an earthquake probably a 4.0 or something but im used to them by now having been through a 6.3 and a 7.1 in the last few years and hundreds of aftershocks but it got me thinking

got any fun earthquake stories?

mine would be me and some mates were walking home and this lady was shitting her self on a cellphone talking loudly and she was like "did ya feel it oh it was a biggin" and me and my friend were like what no there wasnt any earthquakes and we get home and on the news the were going about the 5.0 that had happened
moral of the story riding a bike(even very slowly) makes it much harder to feel earthquakes
also my dog is so cute about earthquakes it took him a a whole day to get back inside after his first big one
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Earthquakes

Post by DP on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I remember the August 28, 2011 earthquake that happened on the east coast. I was at a friend's house and we felt the house shake (we thought it was his fat dog running upstairs, like usual). Once it didn't stop for twenty seconds, we walked out and saw his TV's screen wobbling in and out, and we pretty much started actually rofling. Then after it was over, we walked around town looking at the damage (there wasn't much, but some old telephone poles were cracked or really bent), on the way to another friend's house. (I bring up that friend only because he agreed to hang out by saying "Yeah, lemme just go flip my house back over.") Good times.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 pm

We've never had earthquakes here in Florida and I'm very grateful for that.
Hurricanes aren't fun though but I could share some hurricane stories if you'd like.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:18 pm

The same earthquake that DP mentioned, I was taking a dump at the time. I thought the toilet clogged up or something.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Well living in Ontario, the extent of an earthquake here, if one even occurs, is a little shake that makes me rub my eyes and yawn while I'm in bed, and then quickly forget such a thing occurred.

In the six years I've lived here, there's only been one earthquake, and all that took place beyond my yawning was seeing my flask full of my rum start shaking. All I remember was staring at it, hoping and wishing that the rum would stay in the flask.

Thankfully, I didn't have to say "why is the rum always gone?"
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

I have lived in California for 20 plus years and have felt a few...mostly as a kid when I lived in the L.A. area but nothing big. I live in Northern California now and have since I was pretty young and the most I've felt is the floor vibrating lol
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: