Disney Infinity

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Marvel and/or Star Wars media be added to this game?

50% 50% 
[ 5 ]
40% 40% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Disney Infinity

Post by CalDW19940 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 pm

I kinda hope they have something related to Gargoyles if they plan on including some of their animated TV show series.

Was kinda surprised to see Jack Skellington since NBC isn't as cutesy looking compared to the rest of Disney's stuff.

I think Indi would be as far as I go in terms of those non animated franchises sinde Indi is a huge theme at Disneyland. Star Wars maybe too but definately not Marvel.
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 pm

It's althings relativly modern Disney and incredibles by the looks of it. Count its skylanders with a marketing campaign. ts for kids you know it at heart. Other than toy story those characters are from the 2000 and toy story 3 is fairly recent. Oh and jack. Imo the one true classic but Disney still markets his shit so...
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:58 pm

He would have been the one true classic if they didn't turn Tim Burton down so many times. In fact, Disney was very against a lot of what Tim had in his animations. Of course, that was back when Disney was still very cutesy and times have changed since...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Yeah...as,long as the Disney name aint on it go super dark!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 pm

But Pirates of the Caribbean came after 2000 though...
EDIT: Oh wait, you're talking about Jack SKELLINGTON. My god, I'm an idiot. However, i personally consider Monsters, Inc. to be a classic, even though the characters are based on the new prequel in this game which isn't surprising.

Anyways, yes, they are all fairly recent. But keep in mind that these are just the characters meant to be released when the game comes out, not to mention there are others besides them that will be available at launch. Of course Disney wants to market the recent movies for the first pack, and keep in mind that since Avalanche, the creator of the Toy Story 3 video game and Toy Box mode is developing this, a large Pixar presence at launch is fairly understandable (And since Pixar films happen to be some of the most popular and well liked Disney movies while most of them besides Toy Story and A Bug's Life came out before 2000, I can't really say that it's a completely fair to judge most of the roster being recent as a flaw).

And when did I say that it wasn't marketed towards kids? I'm in fact proud to say it lol. Just give the game time for the launch characters to be steadily revealed along with the rest of the future toys and we'll get more of the classics. I highly doubt they'd pass up on having characters from Aladdin, Lion King, pre-2000 DIsney princess movies, Pinocchio, etc. All I'm saying is that it's too early to judge the character representation, like people ignorantly do when new Kingdom Hearts worlds get revealed and many other situations similar to this.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 pm

I want Simba as a cub so that if I get the game and we play together, I'll make two giant hands and put myself in it and then sing "Circle of Life" until your annoyed. lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Nah, I say that we should get Scar and when we play with people online, we troll them by pushing them off high ledges while whispering "Long live the king."

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 am

Regardless of whether you will buy this game or not, you cannot deny the overall epicness of that single introduction.
Here's a video of the whole disney Infinite reveal presentation which is over fifty minutes, although I doubt that anybody besides me will watch it past the first fifteen.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics_fan23 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Wow I'm so pumped!
This game looks promising but in my opinion the only way it will succeed is if it has a ton of content including dlc.

And thanks for putting the joke in about ASM #700, just got the variant edition the other day! :)
Celtics_fan23
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : Celtics_fan23

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/chris.veiga.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm

...Which variant? There's like five or six lol.

Although DLC is pretty much all but confirmed. Avalanche Studios has made the point that this isn't meant to be a new franchise (As in, getting sequels and such) but live for years and be a platform in itself for any Disney games they wish to create out of the franchises included.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics_fan23 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Its the one where he's swinging (oh wait that's all of them lol.)

Seriously dlc would be a must, although I just read up on how the toys will be distributed and it's not promising. They said that packs will be released in sets
of similar movies. I would prefer just one figure for a reasonable price. This game definetly has my attention. The coolest part for me would be unlocking all of the character specific items and mix-matching them. (Like buzz's jetpack on woody) I just hope that I don't end up buying all of the figures to unlock all of the content.
Celtics_fan23
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Nice variant description. XD

Actually, it's not just pack. There will just be one figure packs, you could choose either option. Like say, a pack with Ralph, Elastigirl, and Buzz Lightyear or a small pack with just Syndrome at a much smaller price. However, I'm also curious about the content too, but apparently it's mainly just having one character from a series that has a playset which manages to unlock those specific items and materials. I'll stay updated on it though.

Although I have to ask, is there a specific character or series that you really hope ends up in here?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics_fan23 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Of course I would think marvel but I would like

1) Tron
2) Lilo and Stich
3) Wall-E
There's probably more but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.
What about you Count? If we aren't PSN friends yet I'll add you soon.
Celtics_fan23
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 pm

I'm not sure why they wouldnt add star wars in star wars has been a franchise aimed at 8 year olds for a good number of years now
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Oh yeah, aimed at eight year olds for sure...

Anyways, Tron's already been confirmed to be in at least with items and having Tron textures in Toy Box Mode. Same thing goes for items from Lilo & Stitch. I definitely want WALL-E though. As for me, I want many, but mainly Pinocchio, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Emperor's New Groove, and Up. And feel free to friend me on PSN! However, is there one or two characters that you really hope get in? Here'e mine: Judge Claude Frollo and King Candy. I really hope this game has a bunch of Disney villains in it (Syndrome and Davy Jones are already pretty awesome).

Spoiler:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Count Mario wrote:Given how Disney thought he was worthy enough to be bought before the EPic Mickey series was even conceived, I doubt that it'll be the last we see of such a legendary character. I mean, yeah, EPic Mickey 2 flopped hard (I swear, I'm pretty much the only person who likes it as much as the first game. I know there are flaws like the camera and stuff, but they seem like poor and forced reasons for such low popularity). Besides, Warren Spector did hint towards Epic Mickey being a trilogy, with Oswald likely being the lead character of the third game. I think DIsney might be willing to allow one more game to try and replicate the first games, success, personally.

And besides all that, it's freaking Oswald and this is a game with supposedly all things Disney. Regardless of Epic Mickey's condition, he may still get in here solely due to what this game is trying to achieve and represent.

You won't be alone. I plan on buying (or renting if it's short. Should I just rent? I'm not big in multiplayer) Epic Mickey 2 soon :p

Back on topic, I hope there's like an alternate option for this all to be digital and not have toys everywhere. Plus, I did not realize Phineas and Ferb are that big in "Disney World" so to speak. Didn't expect them there O.O
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Well, they already appeared in Disney universe and had their own movie (In fact, their getting another one in 2-3 years to my knowledge), so if there was a Disney show getting in it'd be them. A show that I think has just a good a chance as them though and would be awesome if Gravity Falls though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:24 pm

I'll be honest, I think this game should be strictly Disney, not things they bought. No hate toward anything, but I think a fresh, original disney crossover is what this game should be. I mean, if they add those characters in, It may lower the chances of other characters to enter. Remember, we haven't seen classic disney characters, Mickey himself, or the best one, Stitch! I think the oldest character from the trailer was Jack Skelington.
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : Papermachei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Totally agree with that Comix. I mean, as awesome a thought as a dream team of having Mace Windu, Nick Fury, and Frozone is or Darth Vader fighting off against a Buzz/Iron Man tag-team, it's best that this remains pure Disney in retrospect. I do love all three properties, but Marvel and Star Wars already have a bunch of successful video game series on their own. Besides Kingdom Hearts (Which isn't even developed by Disney), give the Magic Kingdom a chance to shine on it's own. I just feel bad for all of those people on YouTube and other comment sections on articles proclaiming how Marvel and Star Wars getting in would make them definitely buy the game though. :(
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:40 pm

I dunno, A lot of people would probably claim that putting them in this game would "Ruin them." There are loser fans everywhere who complain if it's not exactly how they think it should be.

For me, personally, I feel it would take away from the experience. Disney bought those characters, those IP's, but they didn't create them. Putting in their own IP's gives a sense of the Disney "Magic", which I can't see Marvel and Star Wars being part of. They aren't bad, but they aren't Disney, therefore, I don't really think that they should be in the game. Keep it pure Disney to keep the magic going. I hope that makes sense...
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Yeah. I mean, Pixar is really the only company Disney bought that I consider to be "fully" or "truly" Disney because they both companies worked together for years ever since Pixar even conceptualized Toy Story and Disney always had partial rights to their movies as well (To the point where during a fallout between them before Disney bought Pixar that Disney was going to let another company develop Toy Story 3). Not to mention having the 3D Disney intro of the beginning of each movie basically made the casual audience think that they were fully Disney to begin with. The purchase even redefined their relationship and has "Disney-Pixar" as a label on all of their future movies and of course Disney selling merchandise, advertising, and having Pixar characters appear with Disney in commercials and at Disneyland and Disney World. Not to mention the Buzz Lightyear show on Disney Channel. Seriously, I in no way am saying that Disney deserves all of the credit for their movies, but Pixar pretty much been second party to Disney in video game terms like how Pokemon is second party to Nintendo. They're freaking synonymous and even have their directors, writers, producers, etc. working together on both company's projects. And for those ignorant to bring up the live-action films like Pirates and Tron not being traditional Disney, those were fully developed by Disney to begin with. They're just as much Disney as Wreck-It Ralph or Pinocchio, dead serious.

With Marvel and likely Star Wars though, Disney mainly just steps back and only funds it hill letting Marvel still keep it's own separate identity for the most part. They don't even put the Disney logo on the Marvel movies, it's just Marvel. And I actually prefer it staying that way because Marvel had a huge legacy to begin with and can still support themselves fully. Disney merely just backs them up and kind of acts as their supervisor who visits them at work every few months or so lol.

Don't worry Comix, what you're saying makes perfect sense. Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm glad, I didn't wanna confuse errbody. Yeah, I feel the same. Pixar is Disney, but the others were most likely bought like you said, just so Disney could collect more funds. Heck, Disney had Star Wars stuff in their park before buying it. xD
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Funny thing, I noticed a couple of Star Wars stuff a couple of years ago at Disney World, but I had no idea why they were advertising the series? Now we got our explanation. awesome
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theo_mm on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 am

I think they should do both Star Wars and Marvel, they cold earn some serious money, but also the variety of characters and objects/vehicles/weapons etc.. would be super cool in the game. I'm not sure about Indiana Jones though..

Did anyone here get it?? I got all the Incredibles, luckily I had enough games collecting dust to get them for free (kind of). hehe.
theo_mm
KONG
KONG

PSN : theomm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 am

Eh. I don't want Marvel or Star Wars for several reasons, even though I love those franchises. The game is already lacking classic and essential Disney IP/characters (Peter Pan, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, etc) as it is. The last thing I at least need are two more universes that arguably match the entire Disney library in terms of story and character quantity, respectively.

Anyways, I'm personally waiting until, say, Christmas until I get Disney Infinity. But I will buy figures along the way, such as Jack Skellington in October. And even if I decide to not get the game, collecting actual Disney character figures is still able to hold up value on its own.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top