Disney Infinity

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Marvel and/or Star Wars media be added to this game?

50% 50% 
[ 5 ]
40% 40% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Disney Infinity

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Now, what is Disney Infinity? Well, unless you've watched the trailer, than the following information should please any Disney fan who likes video games.

Disney Infinity unlocks the freedom to play with some of your favorite Disney and Disney/Pixar worlds like never before! You can experience adventures in the worlds of Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles and Monsters University -- take on the role of Sulley, the naturally gifted 'scarer'; become Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding pirate; or transform yourself into Mr. Incredible, one of the world's greatest crime-fighters. Battle enemies, solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and complete a variety of other unique quests.

Or create your own world! Unlock virtual toys, characters, buildings, weapons, gadgets and more -- and bring them into the Disney Infinity 'Toy Box' where you can mix them all up to create your own game. In the Disney Infinity Toy Box, there are no rules and you can create any adventure you want.

This is basically the Toy Story 3 video game Toy Box (Or for those who are not familiar, a 3D Disney version of LittleBigPlanet), but with usage of pretty much any Disney recognized entity instead of just Toy Story and it's a a platformer. Now be honest and don't lie, that sounds fucking awesome. Now, there was worry that this would just be some cheap game and barely have work put into it. Yet again, FALSE, as a leak of concept art and in-game images show.

Spoiler:

Now that the images are out of the way, to day there were even more goodies presented in a reveal trailer. Behold, I present, DISNEY INFINITY! Now, that trailer left my jaw flying off faster than Scorpion's did when Superior Spider-Man punched it off in The Amazing Spider-Man issue 700.

Spoiler:

My reaction:

Spoiler:
But, now all I have to say is, why did they have to put in the toy feature from Skylanders? It just seems to be a way for easy cash-ins and taking people's money after buying the game in an expensive milking procedure thats even worse than disk-locked DLC. I might persuade myself to still go with it anyways because it gives me access to the game plus awesome Disney action figures to go with all of my other geeky media material. But I know that this is basically unfair to most other Disney fans though and it could damage the game's reputation and appeal, or miraculously go in the other direction. However, I think that there is a great cost to everything, so I sincerely hope that if you do like what you've seen so far that you'll bear with the action figures/toys. If not, well, I can't blame you. If you excuse me, I need to save up for some figurines now and try to make some space in my room...

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 6 times in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney Infinity

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm

No Lilo and Stich made me sad...=(
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Actually, these aren't even the brim of the total amount of characters. Pause at 2:21-2:22 and tell me what you see on the surfboard. Does that give you hope? Wink Trust me, I grew up with Lilo & Stitch since I was like four and it's one of my top five Disney movies, so I feel you dude. YAY

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm

HOLY SHIT!
Yes, Stich is awesome! <3

Maybe we can see Sora in this and wow, Wreck it Ralph is already in this!
Very successful character/movie, well done Disney!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I am praying that King Candy is a playable character in this. He would definitely be one of my mains. <3

*Beware, video has major Wreck-It Ralph spoilers*

So, we have to settle the big question. Should Marvel and/or Star Wars be added to this? In fact, I'll put that up as the poll question.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Some kind of celestial event. No — no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZALYNormal13 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Whats surprises me is that they are including thier cartoon shows. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the old cartoon characters in the game.
CraZALYNormal13
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : n0rmal94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm

yeah this thing looks good i like how thjey all look like toys i prolb won't get it because of the stuff i ued to do when collecting thing but hey i wanna see how far they go with characters
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 pm

I kind of changed my reaction due to thinking it was kind of harsh. For those who read it (Probably only Slayer), just ignore it as I was kind of a bit ticked off about the toy gimmick at first. But with a game like this, it's a billion times more worth it than Skylanders. Also, I really feel that this is what Disney Universe should've been. I don't want to play as Sackboy rip-offs of Disney character costumes who go through minimized versions of Disney movie worlds and fight cheap bosses that aren't even the actual thing from the movies even remotely.

(Seriously, Infinity practically takes a dump on Infinity and proceeds to tear it's corpse and use it as a jacket. Yes, That's how much better this game is.) What I actually want is a whole freaking sandbox where I can play as the actual characters themselves, explore their worlds, fight countless memorable Disney enemies, use fan-favorite Disney media to assist me like the floating Lilo & Stitch surfboard or Buzz's wings, and most of all, create my own levels in a practically 3D version of LittleBigPlanet with Disney being the main focus! I'm really astonished that this was possible and I'm getting this on day one.

So guys, which characters and franchises do you want included that you haven't seen yet? Me, I'm just hoping that The Hunchback of Notre Dame gets represented in some way. C'mon, Judge Claude Frollo with Buzz Lightyear wings, riding on Bullseye, and driving a pirate ship is too epic of an opportunity to slip by. <3

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 pm

This actually looks pretty good. I don't like how they're going with a Skylanders approach, but it still looks good nonetheless. I'm a huge Disney fan, and I can tell that I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 am

You know what, I'm going to make a vow. That when this game releases, I WILL make a Notre Dame play-set in Toy Box, based off of The Hunchback of Notre Dame of course. It'll take a lot of talent, effort, and of course hours, but I will see it through. Of course, I (hope) won't be doing this alone though. Would anybody care to assist me in building this majestic building:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

I just realized the whole thing about the toys and this pretty much confirmed I won't be getting the game.

I don't want to buy some game and then have to buy toys to play as said character.
Ehh...
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 am

See, that's what I was upset about in my reaction Slayer. I would easily done without them, but I'll bear with this. Besides, I'm technically also collecting action figures for Disney characters if I do this, so it's basically a win-win for me since I have a bunch of superhero and video game media already. However, we have yet to see how they will release these. Disney Interactive says that each character figure unlocks multiple fundamentals of the specific franchise it represents, such as their world/playset, customization tools (Such as items for building and gadgets as weapons and such), story, characters, etc. so if were lucky, each toy will just be the titular protagonist of each Disney franchise with all of their in-game media instead of getting a toy for each and every character. Considering how much you get with just one figure, that sounds a bit more fair, I guess.

Also, a new update is posted about whether or not Star Wars and Marvel will be included.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/15/3880346/disney-infinity-star-wars-marvel

(I quoted the important stuff below for easier management):

Disney's new cross-platform adventure sandbox game Disney Infinity will blend the worlds of Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles and Monsters University when the game launches this summer. Characters and items from The Muppets, Aladdin, The Nightmare Before Christmas and others will also make cameos in some form.

But what of Star Wars and the Marvel Universe, properties Disney now owns? Adding those characters to Disney Infinity, pitched as a platform that grows over time with new content, is something that's under discussion, but still undecided, the game's developer says.

When asked if Disney Infinity may one day star Luke Skywalker or Marvel's The Avengers, Avalanche Software CEO John Blackburn said, "I hope so!"

"As a developer, I so want that," Blackburn told Polygon. "When Disney bought Lucasfilm, I was like, 'Holy crap! This is awesome!' But at this point in time, there's been some discussions about that, there's just been no decisions made."

Blackburn says the decision about which characters to add to Disney Infinity comes down to which properties are both lovable and "game-able."

"The idea that we usually try to get to is 'what do people love?'" Blackburn explained. "What kind of properties are most game-able? If there's a gameplay mechanic that adds significantly to that mashup experience in the Toy Box, we love those properties, and will bring that into the game."

Disney's most recognizable character, Mickey Mouse, may also be playable in Disney Infinity one day. When asked whether iconic Disney characters like Mickey, Donald Duck and Goofy might rub elbows with Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible, Blackburn was quick to note, "We're all things Disney."

Also, here's a new image on some of the characters in Disney Infinity in updated detail. Have to say, I love how Ralph, Jack Skellington, and Syndrome look in their full 3D forms in this game! <3

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 am

Yeah now I see Count but I think I'm pretty much done as of now.

That just killed any hype I had for it...=/

Also I rather not have Marvel and Star Wars in this, I kinda don't want them in KH either.

I don't know, focus on getting Mickey and his gang first. Disney has a large enough cast and doesn't need those two big names just like they don't need Disney.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:44 am

I actually fully agree with you on Marvel and Star Wars (especially with Kingdom Hearts too). If anything, give them their own infinity games, but leave this to just Disney. They already have a thick library full of juicy and everlasting casts, stories, and worlds in countless movies and shows that deserve immediate attention first for a game like this before newly owned properties that don't even have the Disney logo on their movies and media.

Sorry that your hype was killed though, I'm really sorry and I thought you read my reactions and stuff... :(
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:55 am

Glad we're on the same page Count.
I did read it but I guess it didn't quite "stick".

I just wanted to see the video and then I guess I read it and well, "in one ear and right out the other" type of thing happened.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 am

I like what this game is looking like, but just as Slayer has said, I'm just not sold on the whole "buy multiple toys if you want to play as them" thing. One side of me says that it's a stupid idea to keep buying toys, but the other says that I can also use them as collectables, which I already have quite a few of.

I was happy to see that Nightmare Before Christmas made it into the game (One of my favorites even if Disney turned Tim and everything he did down quite a few times) and I actually want to see a Steamboat Willie version of Micky as a playable character(You know, the black and white one). Hopefully they get some of the other major characters in from many of the Disney films.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am

I want Fantasia Mickey. Then I could use magic and shoot stars and tidal waves at people. hurr

And yeah, I can definitely agree with why both of you are turned off. The toy thing is a bit unnecessary... I still at least want them as collectibles though.

I'm just interested in seeing how far they'll go with the characters and worlds. Would they go as far as introducing more animated shows like Gravity Falls or classic ones like Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, and Kim Possible? And will they focus only on the mainstream movies like Lion King, Peter Pan, and Tron or also branch out to underrated ones such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, A Bug's Life, and The Sword in the Stone? Not to mention the limitations of Toy Box mode. That's what I'm excited to see.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 am

Well, Activision just cemented another trend now that Skylandersesque toys are going to be a thing. I don't like that in the slightest for what it means for the industry, especially since it takes the ice-treading of DLC to a WHOLE different playing field. I give it four years before a LEGO version happens now.

Anyway, it doesn't look too bad, as a whole. I can't see there being much depth to the actual characters' stories (or whatever equivalent this game may have) themselves, but that's not really an issue so long as there are enough characters in the base game to make up for it (there seem to be). No Marvel or Star Wars, though. Barring Pirates, all of the Disney franchises in this game are kid-centric, while Disney's extended IP is not. There's too much Marvel and Star Wars that could be added that it would justify a full other game (hopefully neither will happen purely because I REALLY don't want to see Skylanders toys to fully catch on), and a more mature theme would fit those two better than throwing them next to Pixar characters. Not to mention Disney's done a good job of keeping their ideas separate from Marvel, and letting Marvel do its own thing, so abolishing that now makes little sense for anything other than money-grubbing purposes (which I don't see them trying to do just yet).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Even if it looks like Skylanders rip off (no offense lol) it looks like it'll be really fun. However, I dread the prices of the action figures O_O
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm in love with the whole idea, but I don't like the toy part. I wouldn't mind buying characters like any other dlc, I just really don't want to actually have toys laying around that I'll never use otherwise.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Again, it's fine that you think that about the toys guys. I'd prefer if we didn't have to use them either actually.

Besides that, is anybody else hoping that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit will make it in?

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 pm

KILL IT BEFORE IT EATS OUR CHILDREN AND LAYS EGGS!

lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 pm

After EM2s flop...unlikely. he's going to where crash is.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Given how Disney thought he was worthy enough to be bought before the EPic Mickey series was even conceived, I doubt that it'll be the last we see of such a legendary character. I mean, yeah, EPic Mickey 2 flopped hard (I swear, I'm pretty much the only person who likes it as much as the first game. I know there are flaws like the camera and stuff, but they seem like poor and forced reasons for such low popularity). Besides, Warren Spector did hint towards Epic Mickey being a trilogy, with Oswald likely being the lead character of the third game. I think DIsney might be willing to allow one more game to try and replicate the first games, success, personally.

And besides all that, it's freaking Oswald and this is a game with supposedly all things Disney. Regardless of Epic Mickey's condition, he may still get in here solely due to what this game is trying to achieve and represent.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top