IGN's Disney Movie Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IGN's Disney Movie Update

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

Pirates 5, 1952 and Muppets 2 Land Release Dates
Disney drops the date details!
by Max Nicholson JANUARY 14, 2013

Disney has announced release dates and additional information for several of its upcoming films. Here's the lineup:

The Muppets 2 is now set for a March 21, 2014 release. Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird's sci-fi epic 1952 will debut on December 19, 2014. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be released on July 10, 2015. And Maleficent has been pushed back from March 2014 to July 2, 2014.

Also worth mentioning, if not surprising: 1952 will be released in 3D, and the previously rumored George Clooney is now confirmed to be starring in the fi

Disney also announced today that Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy will both be released in 3D. Those films are scheduled for April 4, 2014, and August 1, 2014, respectively.

Pirates 5, Avengers 2, Star Wars VII, and Justice League in the SAME FREAKING YEAR guys... There is a god. Man, 2015 is gonna be the hugest summer for me in my life, I swear on it. If Star Wars accompanies the other three movies in that same season, I will literally jizz in my pants. Not to mention 2014 will be packed with Cap 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Muppets 2, Maleficent (I'm really interested to see how this will turn out), Pixar's The Good Dinosaur,and the Hobbit: Over There and Back Again, while 2013 has a few goodies like Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Monsters University, Disney's Frozen, and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Fellow geeks and nerds, I believe that it'll be one heck of a roller coaster ride through the cinema for the next three years (Counting 2013). Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IGN's Disney Movie Update

Post by DP on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 am

I really hope this superhero/comic-based movie trend slows down before it gets killed the hard way. The quality of these movies are really good for the most part, but it's nearing the point that it's almost getting to be too much. I've had this discussion with a friend, and I seriously believe that if Disney doesn't slow down after Wave 2 (since all of those movies are already in production), the whole comic movie subgenre will just die due to lost interest. Let's face it, they're only "successful" because of the casual fan (obviously the "comic nerd" fanbase is a portion of watchers, but by and large comic movies are successful because they're just the it thing right now), and the casual fan can only take so much, unlike more hardcore comic fans. I know Disney wants to turn more of a profit, but they can keep this going for a good decade if they slow it down, but I don't see them reaching six years of comic movie success if they don't.

That said, 2015 still looks good for movies in general because of the lineup. (I was actually saying it would be great before I heard about a few of those such as Pirates 5, which will be obviously huge even if I'm not personally a fan.) I'm still waiting to see what's going on with Episode VII, because I'm not mad about Han shooting first... a true fan who doesn't bitch about pointless things... a grateful fan... a fan of the entire series, including the prequels because I'm not a jackass. I'd like to see whether they're going to reference any of Lucas's old stuff involving the sequel trilogy, because the idea of an old cast of the original trilogy returning in some aspect is still a really fun one to me.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 am

lol I was never mad about the Greedo (Not Han, he actually shoots first canonically) shoots first thing. I thought it was silly and I usually joke about it. However, it was pretty pointless, and it kind of gives you the impression that it was only made so that Han would seem less like a rogue and more like a "good guy" to casual SW newcomers. But I could still care less, it's only in the Blu-Ray DVDs anyways. Although, I still don't like Episode II. I found I above bearable and III to be good, but I personally thought that II was a bit of a disappointment compared to the other films. It's decent on out's own though. However, I won't lie by saying that I'm glad that Lucas won't be directing anymore.

I agree with that. Although the issue comes up of whether they have to make sure to acknowledge all of the expanded media like the comics, novels, games, etc. Personally, I say screw them and let the movies chart their own course since the timeline in general counting all of this media is extremely convoluted beyond repair in retrospect.

I can actually agree with your first paragraph. After Avengers 2, I have my doubts about whether Disney will really to to initiate Wave 3 of the hero movies and it will generally wear down at about that period. However, the CEO of Marvel did mention that Phase 3 is possible, so... this could end beautifully or horribly. There are rumors of a big Marvel event movie (Even bigger than Avengers 2 and separate) in around 2016-2018 I think, it could be a cinematic movie a major Marvel event like say, Civil War for example. But I have a hard thinking about how it could really work or live up to expectations. And we can't forget that the cast can't stay young and beautiful forever...

I'm more or less afraid for DC though. If Disney keeps milking Marvel films, then with how far behind DC is with their expanded universe, they have a chance of failing exponentially when they try to release solo movies post Justice League. Especially if your prediction of lost interest in superhero movies comets pass. Although on the other end, JL can input casual interest to see characters like Wonder Woman and Flash to get movies, basically the reverse of how Marvel expanded their cinematic universe. We'll have to wait and see, but with this and no more DC superhero films post-Man of Steel after Justice League, Warner Bros and DC really dug themselves into a deep hole.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 am

YAY But...it's just started being 2013...why...do they tell us this?
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 am

the fuck why are people writing entire essays to much t;:dr in this thread
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer