DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 pm

again thats also been thrown around. i think Fantastics brain may win out.then again it ain't no fighting brain
It's basically Superman Vs. Goku all over again. But less overkill.

and LOL plastic man. I remember that guy. He's too perfect. If it's Plastic-Man vs. Luffy, I want the voice actor from None Piece to do Luffy's voice. Dat Irish accent.

Last edited by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 pm

in whos favour.............

and Broly v Hulk is the New SvG. but heavily in DBzs favor not Hulks.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42 pm

BladedgeX wrote:
again thats also been thrown around. i think Fantastics brain may win out.then again it ain't no fighting brain
It's basically Superman Vs. Goku all over again. But less overkill.
well it depends if luffys friends were in danger mr fantstic wouldnt stand a chance if they werent it could go either way and remember the rules go as no prep time which luffy excels at
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 pm

mm but they would give him gadgets. and luffy wouldn't have the friends motivation thing.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 pm

I have to go with Luffy on this one. Although in a situation with even just one hour of prep-time, Reed would stomp for sure.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 pm

I was about to say Mr. Fantastic but I completely forgot about Haki.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 am

Exactly. Haki is the one factor that makes this such an advantage for Luffy. Unless Reed has prep-time, which he won't.

Although if it's Luffy vs. Plastic Man, the latter would probably make Luffy laugh to death from his shenanigans. awesome
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 am

He'd want to make Plastic-Man as his crew member. Or worse, imitate his every move.
"I like this guy! Join my crew!"
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 am

Yeah, and the position he'd play in the crew would either be "Comedian" or "Stunt Double for Luffy" lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 am

Isn't Luffy's base strength 100ton+ category similar to the one from the old marvel handbook?

He lifted a giant ball of solid gold during the Sky Piea arc and climbed a beanstalk that lead into the clouds one handed because the gold was stuck to his arm. I think Luffy is about 5ft 7 according to Oda so can't we somehow judge the weight of the ball in cubic meters by comparing it to Luffy's height? Gold is pretty heavy after all so if he can hulk that up somewhere one handed it seems a good estmiate.

Luffy has gotten much stronger since then too ontop of his gears and him now being able to vuclanise his body with haki. He still has regular resistance to blunt force due to his rubber body, how could Reed really damage him aside from attempting to strangle him?

I could see Plastic Man fighting him pretty well but haki would really be the only way Luffy could harm him since Plastic Man can turn into pretty much anything he wants with no limits according to the comics :L
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 am

That's why I'm saying that Reed would only win with prep time though, AKA, using his genius mind which has defeated the likes of Galactus, Dr. Doom, the Council of Reeds, Kang, etc through planned inventions, gadgets, tactics, etc. With just his rubber powers, Luffy wins with a curbstomp easily due to Haki and being more professional in the offensive department.

However, to give Reed credit, he is able to use his rubber abilities in unique ways that even Luffy can't as he could shape change, perform imitations of physical features, form into various objects and geometric shapes, go two-dimensional, and even transform himself into a liquid state. Not that this really changes the outcome though, but I still wanted to mention this.

Off-Topic: Although I in no way would try to compare statistics such as weight between a superhero comic book and a manga considering one of these vastly over-exaggerates it compared to the other. Not that I'm saying it's outlawed or anything, but like the ScrewAttack producers said about power levels in DBZ, using such classifications are mostly useless in this genre of entertainment.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 am

Count Mario wrote:That's why I'm saying that Reed would only win with prep time though, AKA, using his genius mind which has defeated the likes of Galactus, Dr. Doom, the Council of Reeds, Kang, etc through planned inventions, gadgets, tactics, etc. With just his rubber powers, Luffy wins with a curbstomp easily due to Haki and being more professional in the offensive department.

However, to give Reed credit, he is able to use his rubber abilities in unique ways that even Luffy can't as he could shape change, perform imitations of physical features, form into various objects and geometric shapes, go two-dimensional, and even transform himself into a liquid state. Not that this really changes the outcome though, but I still wanted to mention this.

Off-Topic: Although I in no way would try to compare statistics such as weight between a superhero comic book and a manga considering one of these vastly over-exaggerates it compared to the other. Not that I'm saying it's outlawed or anything, but like the ScrewAttack producers said about power levels in DBZ, using such classifications are mostly useless in this genre of entertainment.

Oh yeah definatly, I think Reed could definatly force Luffy to fight differently by chamging his shape and becoming harder to hit but like you said, Luffy is more combat experienced and has far better stamina.

Since it was death battle discussion I was using the weight thing similar to how they may judge it, lifting the gold ball is an amazing feat in itself without getting too technical but Luffy has a lot of other feats of speed, destruction and simply beating opponents more physicaly stronger than him. Also similar to Goku, while he's not the brightest of bulbs Luffy is an expert in combat and always comes up with new and creative ways to further use his powers and use his opponents abilities against them (Beating Crocodile by making him unable to turn into sand using his own blood, using the gold ball enel tried to hinder him with as a weapon, discovering his gears etc)
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am

No, that's alright. It's fine that you used it to describe the extents of his raw power.What I meant was more in terms of comparisons of feats between characters rather than just them alone. Sorry, should've been more specific in terms of pure numbers and realistic calculating when these franchises tend to defy those evaluations at pretty much every turn.

So, does anybody have any new ideas for a Death Battle? I have a couple that I'm still evaluating.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 am

Count Mario wrote:No, that's alright. It's fine that you used it to describe the extents of his raw power.What I meant was more in terms of comparisons of feats between characters rather than just them alone. Sorry, should've been more specific in terms of pure numbers and realistic calculating when these franchises tend to defy those evaluations at pretty much every turn.

So, does anybody have any new ideas for a Death Battle? I have a couple that I'm still evaluating.

I've said Big Daddy vs Pyramid Head before might be cool.

Tetsuo from Akira vs Jean Grey would be interesting I think too since they're both god tier psychics :L

Shao Khan vs M.Bison (Vega in Japanese game) would be pretty cool also. We need more Mortal Kombat battles!

Alex Mercer vs Cole McGrath as two sandbox style free running powerhouses
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Shit got real. Next up in about a month maybe two is the campiest conflict! He-man v Lion-O......that just happened....yeah this was confirmed...
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 am

lpool1996moh wrote:Shit got real. Next up in about a month maybe two is the campiest conflict! He-man v Lion-O......that just happened....yeah this was confirmed...

Lol sounds awesome, I think He-man may win because...

CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

So Superman vs. Goku might need to be reevaluated lol.

Goku's getting a new "canon" SSJ form called Super Saiyan God in the upcoming movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 am

Super Saiyan God, eh... Sounds pretty awesome. But it's going to have to be ridiculously overpowered (Even for DBZ standards) to truly stand up tot he statistics and convoluted history/feats that Supes has. Still, thanks for the update Slayer. I didn't even know this movie existed lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:11 am

Well yeah this movie exists, apparently it's incredibly OP if the villain in the movie destroys universes in one go!
This movie also kills the whole GT series and finally confirms it as a "spin-off" or "what-if" type of thing.

The movie takes place after the Buu saga and it will be released March 30th in Japan.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 am

Well slap my ass and call me Lashonda, I'm excited for this movie.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:55 am

GOD DAMMIT! NOW THE WAR SHALL CONTINUE.

but goddamm I want to see this.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri May 31, 2013 3:56 pm

ok quick updates.

one on the above long dead conversation........if you have seen the new movie or read a summary you know its irrelevant.

but more importantly!

AVAILABLE NOW FOR ADVANTAGE MEMBERS HE-MAN VS LION-O
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-he-man-vs-lion-o

its available for everyone else in either 1 or seven hours. does that say 9 pm for everyone?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 pm

That's all I'm saying. And yes, this is a real confirmed six-issue length crossover.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 pm

that says it all doesn't it.

1hr 15min left until it goes live.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 am

turns out both He-man and lion-o fought superman to a standstill (Well they fought him anyway)

anyway deathbattle is up and it is awesome
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-he-man-vs-lion-o

all the puns....it reeks of the 80s

next time on death battle: M.Bison v Shao Kahn.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top