DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Like the rivet gun does. His armor strength is inconsistent.

I thought of a REALLY good one. TAG TEAM! Guile and Cammy vs Sonya Blade and Jax
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Screwattack just put up sidescrollers their weekly livestream where chad (boomstick) explained and countered every claim posed to superman vs goku will link soon.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:56 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Screwattack just put up sidescrollers their weekly livestream where chad (boomstick) explained and countered every claim posed to superman vs goku will link soon.

While I agree with the battle outcome based on the info they gave, the calculations near the end didn't include the power boost a Saiyan gets after recovering from a near death experience. Goku, Vegeta and Gohan have shown this boost on several ocaisions. Vegeta himself actually deliberately asked Krillen to mortally wound him so that he could reach Frieza's level of strength after recovering from it during the Namek storyline because he was aware of this trait. Even Cell was boosted in power after regenerating from just a nucleus due to the Saiyan cells in him.

As for what value this increases their strength is unknown but considering how many times Goku hss nearly died or been beaten to a pulp at his limit during that time the calculations would have to be much higher. Least I think it needs looked into.
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm

He was drained,of ki not near death. At no point in the fight did that happen. Even in calcs you can't include it cause superman either imprisones orobliterates. There is no inbetween.the difference wouldn't have helped. Chad said it. He hated superman and lovez goku but its the biggest mismatch they ever had.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:He was drained,of ki not near death. At no point in the fight did that happen. Even in calcs you can't include it cause superman either imprisones orobliterates. There is no inbetween.the difference wouldn't have helped. Chad said it. He hated superman and lovez goku but its the biggest mismatch they ever had.

No the boost after near death is permanent and happens everytime they recover. Vegeta was nearly killed on Earth but as a result was now able to take on some of Frieza's men who used to be superior to him in strength and this had happened several times in that one arc alone. Zarbon beat Vegeta unconscious and when they fought again later when Vegeta woke up and was killed by Vegeta because of their last battle.
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Well they can't exactly give goku there own power boosts. And as I said until he died he wasn't near death. Wasn't near enough confrontation. Even when the senzu bean was used he was Paralyzed not near death. And spirt bomb was for ki not healing. That said the battle is entertainment. The calcs are the fight.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I have a way to settle the whole "Saiyan near-death experience boost" thing. It's quite simple, this version of Goku is him with his peaked stats from the series. While it's possible he can get stronger, we have to keep in mind that the degree of how much either character can improve is only theoretical, thus meaning that it would be unfair for the match in terms of statistics. Besides, it takes hours or even days for a Saiyan to recover from such trauma, which would definitely not apply to a battle as quick as this.

Although even if he got a power boost, I still think Supes would've won anyways. *Trollface*
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Obviously with that huge a gap. By the end he was still going easy.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Well they can't exactly give goku there own power boosts. And as I said until he died he wasn't near death. Wasn't near enough confrontation. Even when the senzu bean was used he was Paralyzed not near death. And spirt bomb was for ki not healing. That said the battle is entertainment. The calcs are the fight.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying everytime Goku is near death and recovered from it his strength gets a PERMANENT increase, meaning Goku has gradually gotten more powerful ON TOP of his training from all the times he nearly died. Imagine he got a 10X increase in strength after every time he's recovered from severe injury throughout Dragonball to Dragonball GT. That would make his base strength HUGELY different from if you didn't include this trait.

As an example. Vegeta recovered from near death three times while on Namek. The first time was after his first fight with Zarbon, the second time was against Recoome and the third time was after he asked Krillen to deliberately hurt him. Each time his BASE strength permanently increased without him doing extra training whatsoever by the time he was back on Earth. The boost in power doesn't just apply to that current point in time it happens and stays permanent everytime they are mortally wounded so even though Goku wasn't in that state at any point during his fight with Supes he has been on multiple occasion's in the past meaning he would have gotten stronger everytime and thus would make his base stats much higher than if you calculated it with just gravity training alone.

Last edited by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Obviously with that huge a gap. By the end he was still going easy.
Well, he was sun-dipped. Being serious in that form wold tear apart the whole solar systems or even a galaxy (I wish I was joking).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Actually I think they took that into account. They multiplied the total by 500 something for gt timeline increase.

yeah I know....jeez that was overkill at the end. Still awesome. And yet he was still holding back.. I doubt that was anywhere near an infinite mass punch.

Let's face it the scale of the animation was only to.ease db fans pain. Oh and last thing. Any variables like the duro bomb were poured heavily in gokus favour. His durability is probably a lot less.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm

skip to 15:40
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) Vs. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Manliest match up ever.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 pm

lol no. Zangief v Haggar is the mannliest match up and its been done. any way final bit of supes v goku fallout from bens twitter

For the record, Craig & Chad are slightly incorrect on some points in the DEATH BATTLE SideScrollers. The fights are NOT just pure entertainment. They are meant to be a visual representation of our research, particularly the direct comparison. Why take an hour explaining everything when we can show you instead? And while Chad is correct in saying we gave Goku much benefit of the doubt, we were not as unreasonably charitable in our calculations as he implied. Every "benefit of the doubt" was given with due reason. The quadrillion number for the bomb, for example, was not chosen because it simply wouldn't matter in the end, but because Goku at that point blocked Vegeta's Galick Gun, which previously had effortlessly obliterated a planet, meaning he had to be able to withstand several hundred quadrillion megatons.

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Kenshiro'd give him one hell of a pounding.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Considering that most of the character designs from Street Fighter was inspired by Hokuto no Ken (FotNS) automatically makes this match up manlier than Zangeif vs. Haggar (not saying that this isn't a manly match-up cause it is). But two stars from the manliest Mangas/Animes in history that paved the way for Shonen (cliches) of today makes this match up a very awesome and manly one.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm

thing is they are focusing on large anime (bar dbz its on ice) and they aren@t welll known. a bit niche. unless you can find a well known opponent for each of them it will not happen.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

hmmm ken vs jojo seems like a pretty even matchup to me they both are very powerful
also i would love to see Luffy or Gutts in a death battle
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:52 pm

I actually want to see Luffy and Naruto in a Death Battle, considering how they already crossed over once (In D.O.N. Stadium) and besides DBZ are practically the most "mainstream" animes worldwide. Not that I really like Naruto that much anymore, but I think this would make sense for a manga Death Battle.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 pm

that one has been thrown around an aweful lot. with Avatar and Teen Titans they are the animes brought up most. more than what were the big 4 four people my age and most death battle viewwers by a long shot (Pokemon Beyblade Yu-Gi-Oh Digimon were all huge yet are never requested. although i heard they want Ash v a guy from monster hunter which makes ALOT of sense)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Avatar is NOT an anime. it is western animation that only has an anime-like style, but it did not originate as a manga or debut in eastern shores. Pokemon and Teen Titans don't count since it originated as an anime for the whole franchise. I'll somewhat agree with Yu-Gi-Oh, but Beyblade and Digimon are simply not as popular, at least to the manga readers who don't just watch popular anime. I mean, yes they're huge, but Naruto's pretty much a manga sensation at the moment in the west and east for years while One Piece is officially the world's most popular and best-selling manga series.

Besides, Yu-Gi-Oh should obviously be pitted against Pokemon. There's simply not a better mash-up for the series than that.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 pm

really.........well i was going off my childhood. but thats interesting. it should be noted, Avatar pokemon and TT are anime. anime is a style. local or origin does not matter.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 pm

I was actually thinking of suggesting Kenshiro Vs. Punisher considering they both kill criminals in a brutal fashion. But then I thought, wow that is a pretty unfair match against Punisher if it was a close no holds bar match.
But, anyways Luffy vs. Mr. Fantastic anyone?

@count: Isn't Teen Titans also a western animation along with Avatar?
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm

again thats also been thrown around. i think Fantastics brain may win out.then again it ain't no fighting brain
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:really.........well i was going off my childhood. but thats interesting. it should be noted, Avatar pokemon and TT are anime. anime is a style. local or origin does not matter.
That's debatable. When people use the term anime, they mostly refer to eastern animation and not just it beg a style. You could be using the "correct" definition, but I stand by my points. No offense. And yes Blade, it is also a western animation.

But Luffy vs. Mr. Fantastic is a PERFECT match-up! That sounds awesome! No... wait. It needs to be Plastic-Man instead. Then it'll be perfect! XD

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top