DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm not talking about removing Sackboy's whole Popit, just limit it to the gadgets he used in his games (Like in All-Stars). If he could just summon anything, than he'd totally win. And Kirby won't be able to copy anybody and can only use the power-ups from his games. I see it being fair, somewhat.

Also:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Oh alright in that case yeah it's fair! :P

If we gave Sackboy all his abilities he would completely destroy every single Death Battle competitor rofl! xD

I love that image btw, I ran into it a couple days ago!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Me too, except it was a few weeks ago.

Also, if Batman returns, than he should be paired up against Iron Man for sure.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

I ran into it months ago when we were on the official joint

If you give joker prep he wins. You cant. That said they are both psycho killer clowns who are super intelligent. As strong as tooth is joker is a good fighter. But tooths reactions would be superior due to the years of twisted metal. In theory the truck breaks this but you never know.

kratos Dante should happen. But after the spawn match they need to give kratos a win before it or face the wrath if gow fanboys

batman....I dunno. But he's had his marvel fill. I say iron man v mega man!
also put wolverine I. A fight!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

I know prep isn't allowed. I'm just saying that's the only way he'd win in my eyes. I mean, I know he's a good fighter, but he mainly prefers not to get his hands dirty usually. Sweet Tooth though, he's a skilled maniacal serial killer who ALWAYS does it up close and personal, and doesn't been just use his weapons but his strength. Although Joker has made several actions which can rival that though. I don't know, it'd be an epic battle to say the least. Unless Sweet Tooth has his truck...

And, I know Batman's had his marvel fill, but Bruce and Tony are the perfect match-up. Geniuses, philanthropists, heads of various super-hero teams, a vast arsenal of suits, gadgets, vehicles, etc. Not to mention they're both the most arrogant characters in media history. WE NEED THE RIVALRY SETTLED! Although Mega Man would also be awesome.

Wolverine though... I'm having difficulty placing him with somebody. Maybe Ryu Hayabusa? Wolverine did train as a samurai and is a professional assassin.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Batman vs IronMan > IronMan vs MegaMan

0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:38 pm

I dunno. Maybe cap might fit better. Without prep ironan walks over bats. Hence why I'd prefer him vs mega man. also megamans alternative is astroboy...nooooo

also the main fallout for supes v goku. Everyonwants hulk v broleye
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 am

I'm glad you guys heard about this show.

I always found this show entertaining. Seeing my Marvel win in every match up is great. But some were kind of stupid. Peach vs Zelda was kind of dumb, so was Yoshi vs Riptor.

Some matchups I would like to see in the future

Ratchet vs Jak
Chimera Army vs Helghast Army (This would be awesome)
Dante vs Ghost Rider
Johnny Cage vs Dan (Street Fighter)
Niko Bellic vs Nathan Drake
And my personal favorite....
Hercule vs Qwark!

Now about Goku vs Superman. For my thoughts, I am going to quote someone on reddit that explains exactly how I feel.

Spoiler:
First of all, this video was absolutely amazingly well done. I can't criticize the animators whatsoever, everyone did a phenomenal job. If you want to see some complaints on nerdy semantics, skip to the last paragraph. With that said, I do feel like criticizing the most overrated character in the history of fiction: Superman. A character so radically inconsistent in both thematics and in terms of brute power. There are thousands of superman-stories, they're all full of a ridiculous number of his abilities and "I-need-to-win-so-I-can-break-the-rules-of-the-universe-powers," when you add them all up, you get a character who is so void of any purpose because he has no drawbacks.
Here's why (for me) Superman fails so soundly: imagine for a moment if you tried to characterize Superman like Goku. It simply wouldn't work. Goku is all about becoming a better person, becoming stronger, becoming tougher. What's the point of that when you are simply just "the best" from the onset? It's proof of a broken idea and a simply boring concept.

For me, what this video really proved is why superman is such a terrible character. A character with no limits, no flaws, a complete paragon, is neither interesting nor inspiring. Maybe when superman first came out, we wanted to see what the "ideal man" could be, but that's not what our culture needs anymore. We need to learn how to accept ourselves as human. It's the reason why I believe the critical success of Superman in recent years has been panned, it's because the alien nature of superman is just that: alien. Making a perfect man teaches us nothing; Goku made mistakes, he messed up all the time, he lost, he failed, he died. Goku became human, he became one of us. He valued family, fighting for what's right, he gave up his old archaic alien roots for the new planet and people he loved. Superman simply never let himself adopt the ideals of humanity, he always kept the stoicism of a manikin and the motivation of a program.
-Reddit User: hammy3000

It's a long post I know.

And pool could I ask, where did you get that list of potential matchups for future death battles? Is that made up or is it real?
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 am

You call that a long post? I've typed much heavier.

Spoiler:
In regards, I hear that all the time. And all I have to say is, hell no. No offense, but what makes Superman special is that he's someone that you look up to. While his power knows no bounds, that''s just it. He rise countlessly day and day to try and humanize himself to just try and fit in with us fellow humans on equal terms despite his powers, and his flawlessness stands as an example to try and help us improve. He may not be relatable on the front, but deep down, fi you dig deep enough, you'll find it. And what "it" is, is that he's always been an outcast. Always trying to fit in. You can't tell me that you've never felt like that throughout your entire life. WHen he was growing up, he even put mental barriers around himself which blocked his powers, which he overcame over the years as Superman.

Even so, yes, it is hard to make a good Superman story due to his powers being convoluted. i can definitely agree with that. Yet even so, many people have accomplished it. Take a look at All-Star Superman, which is arguably a masterpiece that defines what he stands for. Honestly, as much as I love him, I find it sad that Batman, the guy who had his parents killed and beats his muggers to a bloody pulp with intelligence and fortune that would make Bill Gates cry stands as more of a role model nowadays compared to Superman who tries to make you strive towards the beneficial moral end of the compass through compassion and forgiveness despite what power you may even have. I think this quote by Jor-El in the Man of Steel trailer gives an accurate description of what he stands for:

Jor-El: You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Lastly, there's one thing I've noticed about Superman haters (No offense). They've never read a single goddamn Superman comic in their life. I'm sorry, but I've seen so many people judge and critique him, yet still fall into this category. Besides, even though I also adore DBZ, I can just as easily criticize Goku's attitude and feats just as you did with Superman. I'm not forcing you to change your opinion, but this is how I've always felt and why (Along with Spider-Man and Batman) he's one of my favorite super-heroes.

No offense Radec. You're a cool due, I just vastly disagree in that subject. I can see where you're coming form, heck, I used to be in the hate bandwagon against Supes myself. But over time when i actually researched and read more of his comics and watched the animated cartoons and movies, I did eventually understand why he still has fans.

Back on topic, Chimera vs. Helghast would be freaking awesome! And I just love the Hercule vs. Qwark suggestion. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 am

batman vs spiderman? xD that totally seems unfair. No offense to batman :P
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am

Count Mario wrote:
aww cmon these guys got nuthin on kaiba
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 am

The potential match ups are from bens formspring. He picks the match ups. He's show director and in the end picks a winner. He's also wiz. Je said scorpion v ryu has been in the works a while, the 3d style frees up r&c j&d, broley will be used if demand is high enough (have you seen recent YouTube and g1 wall comments (hulk v broley is the new supes v goku.) He also said something about vegeto and gogeta. However he said other anime comes first. Aang has been in 2 concept episodes which died but they want him. And ben saw naruto recently. Like the potential returns he fits too well.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:48 am

Real_Radec13 wrote:I'm glad you guys heard about this show.

I always found this show entertaining. Seeing my Marvel win in every match up is great. But some were kind of stupid. Peach vs Zelda was kind of dumb, so was Yoshi vs Riptor.

Some matchups I would like to see in the future

Ratchet vs Jak
Chimera Army vs Helghast Army (This would be awesome)
Dante vs Ghost Rider
Johnny Cage vs Dan (Street Fighter)
Niko Bellic vs Nathan Drake
And my personal favorite....
Hercule vs Qwark!

Now about Goku vs Superman. For my thoughts, I am going to quote someone on reddit that explains exactly how I feel.

Spoiler:
First of all, this video was absolutely amazingly well done. I can't criticize the animators whatsoever, everyone did a phenomenal job. If you want to see some complaints on nerdy semantics, skip to the last paragraph. With that said, I do feel like criticizing the most overrated character in the history of fiction: Superman. A character so radically inconsistent in both thematics and in terms of brute power. There are thousands of superman-stories, they're all full of a ridiculous number of his abilities and "I-need-to-win-so-I-can-break-the-rules-of-the-universe-powers," when you add them all up, you get a character who is so void of any purpose because he has no drawbacks.
Here's why (for me) Superman fails so soundly: imagine for a moment if you tried to characterize Superman like Goku. It simply wouldn't work. Goku is all about becoming a better person, becoming stronger, becoming tougher. What's the point of that when you are simply just "the best" from the onset? It's proof of a broken idea and a simply boring concept.

For me, what this video really proved is why superman is such a terrible character. A character with no limits, no flaws, a complete paragon, is neither interesting nor inspiring. Maybe when superman first came out, we wanted to see what the "ideal man" could be, but that's not what our culture needs anymore. We need to learn how to accept ourselves as human. It's the reason why I believe the critical success of Superman in recent years has been panned, it's because the alien nature of superman is just that: alien. Making a perfect man teaches us nothing; Goku made mistakes, he messed up all the time, he lost, he failed, he died. Goku became human, he became one of us. He valued family, fighting for what's right, he gave up his old archaic alien roots for the new planet and people he loved. Superman simply never let himself adopt the ideals of humanity, he always kept the stoicism of a manikin and the motivation of a program.
-Reddit User: hammy3000

It's a long post I know.

And pool could I ask, where did you get that list of potential matchups for future death battles? Is that made up or is it real?

Some of the matchups you've suggested are kinda interesting but Dante vs Ghost Rider is really unfair for Dante :L

Dante has no way of actually killing Ghost Rider and Ghost Rider has a ton of ways to keep Dante at bay in terms of actual fighting ability. Hellfire would be enough to kill Dante and if he wanted to the Penance Stare would work wonders on someone as sinful as Dante. Dante is powerful but no where near enough to take on Blaze. A more suitable matchup for Dante would probably be Dracula from the Castlevania series while for the Ghost Rider he'd need to fight a more god tier opponent like Laharl or Etna from Disgaea (though they're still vulnerable to the Penance Stare). Least those are my ideas to keep the demon feel.

A death battle I'd like to see would be something like Pyramid Head vs Big Daddy (either Elite Bouncer or prototype from Bioshock 2). Assuming neither have access to ways to revive (hot place, Vita chamber respectively) I'd like to see the result of these two powerhouses from some of gamings most atmospheric series and both are near polar opposites in their story roles in games yet both are powerful in game enemies. :)
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Big daddy phead? I like! Ghost rider Dante? Lol no. Ghost rider is the strongest hero in Marvel including Thor. including Thanos. Including Galactus! Mainly cause he's,an entity of death but still.

Also Johnny Cage v DAN HIBIKI? YOU HIGH BRO? johnny can fight! He survived MK9! NOT EVEN LIU KANG DID! Dan? How he entered the world warriors let alone stay alive is beyond me.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

The thing I like about Superman is he knows he isn't going to die when he's fighting someone. He just cares about the people that could die during the fight. But I still think that he's a boring character. But I admit Superman is the symbol of how to use your powers righteously. While Goku and Batman are symbols of how to become strong through hard work and dedication.

The reason for Dan vs Cage were basically the two cocky guys of their games.

Some other suggestions.

Thor or Silver Surfer vs Superman
Dr. Manhattan vs Shuma Gorath (I have barely any knowledge of these characters so I just made that matchup on the spot.
Hawkeye vs Green Arrow
Deadpool vs Deathstroke
Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin
Another team vs team. Featuring The Avengers, JLA, X-Men, Power Rangers, etc.
Jackie Estacado vs Alex Mercer or Ghost Rider or anyone really.
And last but not least
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell vs Timmy Turner and Wanda (No Cosmo sorry)
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Dan is cocky....but so is every other street fighter. Gooddamm Rufus fits better. And he's fat! Dan can't fight
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Eh, even though a team vs. team thing always brings up the Avengers and the JL, I honestly always go for JL, purely because it's a team that has Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Martian freaking Manhunter on one single team, AKA, the God Squad. The only guy on the Avengers that's even within their same class is Thor, and maybe Hulk but only if he's given enough time to rage up to their strength class (Which they won't let him do if they're not stupid).

And I strongly disagree with Shuma-Gorath vs Dr. Manhattan. I know that was random, but still, the former is freaking omnipotent, AKA, literally immortal and invincible. He's survived pretty much everything you could guess. Dr. Manhattan, although he has god-like potential, has never gone up against another super-powered being and only toyed with humans and human weapons. We have no idea what are the extents of his powers and if he could match his feats with most superheroes. Although with Gorath's potential, his magic and darkness could have somewhat of an advantage.

I'd say a much better match-up would be Dr. Manhattan against Silver Surfer, although I'd put my bets on the latter winning.ALso, I like the rest of your match-ups besides the Ghost Rider one.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I don't care who wins between supes and goku. As long as the Earth explodes in the process, then I am satisfied.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Well as I said I had no knowledge of Shuma's and Dr.Manhattans potential. And also Corvo vs Jackie Estacado (I made up my mind).

And does anyone else think they should remake some of the old battle fight scenes? Like have the 3D models instead of the Sprites. I know it's a lot of work but it would be very cool.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

That's why I said that I knew your choice was random, Radec...

I'd prefer them working on more battles though. And honestly, I prefer some of these battles in 2D.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Count Mario wrote:Eh, even though a team vs. team thing always brings up the Avengers and the JL, I honestly always go for JL, purely because it's a team that has Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Martian freaking Manhunter on one single team, AKA, the God Squad. The only guy on the Avengers that's even within their same class is Thor, and maybe Hulk but only if he's given enough time to rage up to their strength class (Which they won't let him do if they're not stupid).

And I strongly disagree with Shuma-Gorath vs Dr. Manhattan. I know that was random, but still, the former is freaking omnipotent, AKA, literally immortal and invincible. He's survived pretty much everything you could guess. Dr. Manhattan, although he has god-like potential, has never gone up against another super-powered being and only toyed with humans and human weapons. We have no idea what are the extents of his powers and if he could match his feats with most superheroes. Although with Gorath's potential, his magic and darkness could have somewhat of an advantage.

I'd say a much better match-up would be Dr. Manhattan against Silver Surfer, although I'd put my bets on the latter winning.ALso, I like the rest of your match-ups besides the Ghost Rider one.

A good ammount of the Avengers are X-men....so Phoenix and Rogue :L Dr Strange is also a ridiculous powerhouse and Ghost rider though they aren't in the Avengers as much as others.

Out of curiousity but would anyone be interested in a Pyramid Head vs Big Daddy death battle? I have a few ideas in my head about their strengths and weakness' being incorporated into this fight (providing neither are allowed to come back to lfe)
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm just talking about the "mainstream" Avengers, aka, the popular team of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Thor. I wasn't talking about the literal comic teams as those would be a bit too huge for a Death Battle and I would generally guess that they'd lean towards the most popular versions of each team (Sorry for not clarifying). I was mainly doing the movie team vs. the Justice League animated team (Supes, Bats, Flash, GL, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman). If that were the case, I would've added in those characters and Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Spidey, Vision, Giant-Man, etc. However, I'd still lean on with the JL, mainly because DC's A-lister heroes tend to be god-like beyond belief in terms of raw power while Marvel's tends much more balanced with a few exceptions. Wait a minute, I forgot to add Wonder Woman to the heavy-hitters list, silly me. awesome Also, Phoenix is currently a floating carcass in space... Just a head's up. Wink

I'd actually love to see that as a Death Battle! It'd be awesome! <3

Wait a minute, I've got something. Since Avengers 2 and Justice League are both getting movies in 2015, this means they will be rivals of course. And their antagonists are Thanos and Darkseid respectively, and they have more than a fair share of similarities since they're technically gods and worshipped on their home worlds and are the few individuals who constantly defeat their enemy teams and etc.... So why not Darkseid vs. Thanos? This is actually heavily debated among comic book fans and I'd love to see Death Battle's take on it.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 am

Yes I like that one count.

am I the only one that sees how horrible Johnny v DAN is?

I think Kazuya v Liu Lang could be good.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Darkseid and Thanos would be cool but not too sure how it would play out dependin on the incarnation of Thanos.

Oh and the avengers vs jla I understand too but I'd still include wasp, Black Panther and Giant man at least despite not being in the movie since the are commonly involved in the comics.

I think for PHead vs Big Daddy we'd need to gauge their overall strength. Both can lift up adult humans in one hand with no effort. PHead in the movie managed to rip a woman's skin clean off with pure strength alone while Big Daddy is capable of causing a tremor by punching the ground with enough force. Phead has used his sword to cut large stone pillars straight through and Big Daddy is capable of knocking through concrete walls without a weapon. Both are fairly fast for their size but Big Daddies can go into outright sprints when charging able to cover a lot of ground at ridiculous speeds. I think Big Daddies armor will be a huge deciding factor, it's capable of surviving the immense water pressures at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean which is a HUGE amount of weight although that is for all over his armor's surface area so striking him on single areas of his armor will penetrate it with enough force.
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top