DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEATH BATTLE Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 am

Hmph, well that's interesting. Still, could you tell me who wins the battle though (at least in spoilers)? Because my eyes are just too tired to watch a video and I just want to sleep lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:55 am

Spoiler:

yeah its not even at all. the only defensive argument you could have is that Lion-O can control battle cat. so He-Man punched his own pet to the moon. He-Man was faster stronger, smarter, more homosexual and had the better puns.

also Superman v Goku gets referenced a lot and even Felecias death battle got a throwback.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:29 am

Yep, you definitely summed it all up. I got to watching the video and it was entertaining. Although I have a soft spot for horrible jokes and puns, so I loved this (probably why I liked Sonic Colors' dialogue as much as I did. The only jokes in there I found too cringeful though, even for me, were the translator mistakes).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 pm

oh man i let this die! well lets see. bison v shao kahn happened. that was athing and the result is exactly what you expected (yes you...no not you YOU!)

anyway Strider V Hayabusa is up on friday.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm betting on Hayabusa, but that's a bit of an ignorant assumption for me.

Additionally, that Shao Khan song is priceless.

And I'm still waiting on Ratchet vs. Jak... BUT IN THE MEANTIME! I want Green Lantern vs either Silver Surfer or Nova.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 pm

okay the new death battle just aired for normal people (We were both wrong count it airs at 9pm here) and it is the best one of season 2 so far. its not as funny as He-Man v Lion-O but the animation, music, and overall match up is just better. and the winner.....

well you could watch it here but if your lazy

And the winner is:
no seriously you should watch this,
don't click this:
i'm serious
STOP!:
i'm telling you trust me
Why are you reading this?:
come on please
I hate you:
i swear last chance
Spoiler is legit in here turn back:
Strider Hiryu won

anyway Ivy (Soulcalibur.....ITS ABOUT TIME!) Vs Orchid (Killer Instinct) is up next. Honestly this means all of Morrigans potential foes are pretty much dead. she shoulda fought Mai (Who should NOT have beaten Chun) but this does kinda upset me. Morrigans.....Unique style really woulda been cool. its not like the sprite is hard, its the same one since Darkstalkers 1.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Well that was a pretty epic battle. Not gonna spoil who wins, but I was rooting for Ryu.

I want Ultron vs. Braniac. It'd be pretty interesting, to say the least. Besides that, I'm still hoping for Dante vs. Kratos.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:53 pm

I was routing for Strider..although i gotta ask WHAT WAS THE FIRST MUSIC USED DURING RYUS ANALYSIS! I MUST HAVE IT! 

it was great how close it was too no spoilers of course. The previous 2 were basically walk overs.

Ultron v Braniac....pretty cool i reckon Braniac.... Kratos v Dante however, depending on the Dante is just a walkover, The Dante choice just picks the Direction. Bayonetta v Dante is the requested one. then again the people want Hulk v Broley......and the more i think about it the more reversed from my initial hypothesis i realise that match is as its the same principle Supes v Goku. Hulks strength is Incalculable and his endurance unmatched. it takes brains to beat him not brute force. 

but yeah despite the finale of Bayonetta, Bayonetta v Dante is pretty close. 

personally, i want a protagonist showdown of fighters. Akira v Liu Kang v Jin v Ryu. also Dimitri Maximoff v Dracula (Castlevania), Jon Talbain V Saberwolf, and i dunno......Drake v Lara Croft
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:18 pm

When it comes to Hulk vs Broly, it would no doubt be a good fight. I mean, Hulk actually beat Sentry and can exchange fists with Thor (even though I still say Thor wins in an all out fight). However, Broly is immensely strong, and a normal Super Saiyan is capable of blowing up a planet. Broly, according to my horrible memory, was holding off all of the known Super Saiyan Z Fighters. I only see it ending with Broly winning after he's had a good workout in. But then again, Hulk's able to hold off a bunch of Marvel heroes during World War Hulk as well. What would mainly cause Broly's downfall is if he lets his ego get to him and just keep fighting Hulk for the sake of fighting, in which Hulk can maybe go Worldbreaker and start doing some serious damage. This could really go either way, although if I was pressured, I'd give the slight advantage to Broly. One thing's for sure though. It'd most likely be the next best battle after Goku vs. Superman, or even moreso due to cheesy dialogue not being in the way. Now these two could literally define a DEATH BATTLE.

I agree with Braniac. Classic Dante would win, Modern gets slaughtered.

You know, I'm actually going to rewatch the Broly movies in a bit and make an avid hypothesis on how Broly vs. Hulk would go down.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 pm

broleys strength is a bit like supermans. its inconsistent. Vegeta and Goku couldn't stop him with Picallo but Gohan could put up a better fight than all of them combined. it took a lot of energy to beat him. he also DOES NOT stop until the foe is dead. meaning Hulk could just keep getting stronger. Hulk can take planet busters, which it can Broly can do, albeit with a flick of the wrist. (Btw it was the destruction of said planet that started the fight proper) BUT its his style that gives it to hulk. although he loves his KI if it doesn't instantly obliterate his foe, he gets up close. he's a grappler, with eventual limits. Hulk has none. so once again Hulk wins.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Alright. I actually agree with you now. Although I still want to watch the movies, just because. Been a long time since I watched any DBZ besides Abridged. I should've been able to contribute more factual info, but my memory isn't like I used to remember.

Did I just make a pun?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 pm

btw i'm really pissed i can't find that whistle theme from ryus intro. gonna watch the credits try find it........did i just say that?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I FOUND IT.....clever bastards used 2 unofficial sources to make that theme. 

lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 pm

once again, i never updated with 2 Death Battles......don't bother with IVY v Orchid it ain't any good......this ones ok i guess. 

next one looks AMAZING though
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Did they just pull another Pikachu vs Blanka with that battle?

Anyways, Terminator vs. Robocop. Sweet.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 pm

a battle nobody wanted with an obvious out come.....pretty much. but Slippy died so alls good. 

Personally i feel Terminator V Predator would be better but this will still be epic.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm

wow its been a while since i updated this...over a year?

Anyway 

Results of EVERY DB in that time:

Terminator v Robocop: Robocop via stomp

Luigi v Tails: Tails

Pokemon Battle Royal: Blastoise

Fulgore vs Sektor: Fulgore

Godzilla v Gamera: Godzilla stomps

Batman v Captain America: Batman. Note this is seen as controversial and generally Rejected in debate circles

Tigerzord V Gundam Epyon: Epyon stomps

Ryu V Scorpion: Scorpion. Note they gave the victory to Scorpion based on a No Limits Fallacy. the result is highly debatable.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke: Deadpool, not this result is generally rejected. Deathstroke was undersold and Deadpool buffed and given feats from a separate entity, Dreadpool

Kirby v Buu: Kirby. This battle is VERY Debatable

Ragna the Bloodedge vs Sol Badguy: Sol stomps. implied Sol could stomp the Blazeblue verse. Accurate statement, he's a fricken Mary Sue and Gary Stu in one.

Gaara vs Toph: Toph. This result came out two days ago, and is universally rejected for more inaccuracies than a blind man playing basket ball on a football field.  

Next up is a 3D Remaster of Boba vs Samus, as celebration of 5 years of Death Battle, 

Afterwards is Chuck Norris v Segata Sanshiro. 

Confirmed battles are Smoky the Bear vs Macgruff the Crime Dog (Yes its a joke fight, as is the above) 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

As exciting as that sounds, the winner is fairly obvious.

Hint its the one wielding the Ultimate Nulifier who takes on the Avengers and wins at nowhere near 50%
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:wow its been a while since i updated this...over a year?

Anyway 

Batman v Captain America: Batman. Note this is seen as controversial and generally Rejected in debate circles

Ryu V Scorpion: Scorpion. Note they gave the victory to Scorpion based on a No Limits Fallacy. the result is highly debatable.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke: Deadpool, not this result is generally rejected. Deathstroke was undersold and Deadpool buffed and given feats from a separate entity, Dreadpool

Ragna the Bloodedge vs Sol Badguy: Sol stomps. implied Sol could stomp the Blazeblue verse. Accurate statement, he's a fricken Mary Sue and Gary Stu in one.

Gaara vs Toph: Toph. This result came out two days ago, and is universally rejected for more inaccuracies than a blind man playing basket ball on a football field.  

Next up is a 3D Remaster of Boba vs Samus, as celebration of 5 years of Death Battle, 

Confirmed battles are Smoky the Bear vs Macgruff the Crime Dog (Yes its a joke fight, as is the above) 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Hint its the one wielding the Ultimate Nulifier who takes on the Avengers and wins at nowhere near 50%

Scorpion vs Ryu:
This should clear it up, but Scorpion is already dead and in the Nether Realm his power has absolutely no limit whatsoever.  Now back the fact that he's dead, and the quote "you can't kill what's already dead."  I would imagine that longer he's in the Nether Realm that his power can grow the point of immortality.  Also, Scorpion isn't just a undead ninja, he is a Wraith Spectre.  As a Spectre, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly pursuer his targets until they have been silenced.  I would say that Scorpion is the correct winner for this fight.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:

Anyway 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Scorpion vs Ryu:
This should clear it up, but Scorpion is already dead and in the Nether Realm his power has absolutely no limit whatsoever.  Now back the fact that he's dead, and the quote "you can't kill what's already dead."  I would imagine that longer he's in the Nether Realm that his power can grow the point of immortality.  Also, Scorpion isn't just a undead ninja, he is a Wraith Spectre.  As a Spectre, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly pursuer his targets until they have been silenced.  I would say that Scorpion is the correct winner for this fight.
Rebuttal:
See Part of that contradicts previous Death Battle judgement the other part is the whole No Limits Fallacy thing. Starscream can't die. Neither can Raiden. they both lost. Killing that Body or removing them from play counted as a win both times. However in Ryu V Scorpion and later Deadpool vs Deathstroke, they contradicted these rulings. Therefore if Ryu had a way to put him down, it should count. Now as for the limitless power thing? Thats known as a No Limitless Fallacy. When a character is said to have limitless anything...its refuted unless there is proof. For example, would a Super Hedgehog tank a hit from the Ultimate Nulifier? Actually yeah, Archie Sonic did and Canon Sonic has tanked Multiversal hits too....Better example. You get Hulk increasingly frustrated then ask him to bust the Solar System, or tank a Solar System buster. Despite having "Unlimited Strength" Its NOT going to happen. he's going to fail, or in the later case die.

Scorpions is a huge example of this. not only do we not get the upper limit, we also don't get the rate. Meaning that even if Scorpion could increase his strength to Ryus, it could take Weeks to get there. Why? Well why hasn't Scorpion beaten Shao Khan this way? Cause he would get fricken wrecked. And the Gap between Ryu and Shao Khan is small, and actually in Ryus favor. Evil Ryu curbstomps Scorpion. He's much faster, so its unlikely Scorpion could dodge it. And don't use the whole "Inexperienced" Argument they used. First time Akuma used it was to kill His master, the guy who taught him the whole martial art and was well above him. if anyone could react, he could. Power of Nothingness Ryu? Destroys Scorpions body with Ease, so despite the fact Scorpion comes right back, he loses by Death Battles...former rules. they literally changed em for this fight. It was Bullshit.

In case you haven't noticed, most of their recent stuff has been kinda BS. they always had BS stuff, but they are taking the cake here.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:55 am

lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:

Anyway 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Scorpion vs Ryu:
Rebuttal:
See Part of that contradicts previous Death Battle judgement the other part is the whole No Limits Fallacy thing. Starscream can't die. Neither can Raiden. they both lost. Killing that Body or removing them from play counted as a win both times. However in Ryu V Scorpion and later Deadpool vs Deathstroke, they contradicted these rulings. Therefore if Ryu had a way to put him down, it should count. Now as for the limitless power thing? Thats known as a No Limitless Fallacy. When a character is said to have limitless anything...its refuted unless there is proof. For example, would a Super Hedgehog tank a hit from the Ultimate Nulifier? Actually yeah, Archie Sonic did and Canon Sonic has tanked Multiversal hits too....Better example. You get Hulk increasingly frustrated then ask him to bust the Solar System, or tank a Solar System buster. Despite having "Unlimited Strength" Its NOT going to happen. he's going to fail, or in the later case die.

Scorpions is a huge example of this. not only do we not get the upper limit, we also don't get the rate. Meaning that even if Scorpion could increase his strength to Ryus, it could take Weeks to get there. Why? Well why hasn't Scorpion beaten Shao Khan this way? Cause he would get fricken wrecked. And the Gap between Ryu and Shao Khan is small, and actually in Ryus favor. Evil Ryu curbstomps Scorpion. He's much faster, so its unlikely Scorpion could dodge it. And don't use the whole "Inexperienced" Argument they used. First time Akuma used it was to kill His master, the guy who taught him the whole martial art and was well above him. if anyone could react, he could. Power of Nothingness Ryu? Destroys Scorpions body with Ease, so despite the fact Scorpion comes right back, he loses by Death Battles...former rules. they literally changed em for this fight. It was Bullshit.

In case you haven't noticed, most of their recent stuff has been kinda BS. they always had BS stuff, but they are taking the cake here.
Nope:
Those were silly rules, it's not a fight if you're going to rip the balls off of the character.  And, Ryu is inexperienced, his master never trained in that way of fighting, because he died.  It just seems like you wanna under power Scorpion, on top of that Scorpion is pretty much a bag of bones already.  He has no need to any of his dead organs to do what he did at the end, you can say it's "debatable," but as the rules of Issac's Flaming Laser Sword.  Since it can NOT be proven in experiment, it can NOT be up for debate.  At the end of the day, they stopped ripping the balls off characters in Death Battle and Scorpion won.  And, as a bit of a bonus, let's not forget that Scorpion has fought the likes of Super-Man, Lobo and Wonder Woman.  It may not be cannon, but that's all we need.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:59 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:

Anyway 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Scorpion vs Ryu:
Rebuttal:

Nope:
Those were silly rules, it's not a fight if you're going to rip the balls off of the character.  And, Ryu is inexperienced, his master never trained in that way of fighting, because he died.  It just seems like you wanna under power Scorpion, on top of that Scorpion is pretty much a bag of bones already.  He has no need to any of his dead organs to do what he did at the end, you can say it's "debatable," but as the rules of Issac's Flaming Laser Sword.  Since it can NOT be proven in experiment, it can NOT be up for debate.  At the end of the day, they stopped ripping the balls off characters in Death Battle and Scorpion won.  And, as a bit of a bonus, let's not forget that Scorpion has fought the likes of Super-Man, Lobo and Wonder Woman.  It may not be cannon, but that's all we need.
wut?:
FactScorpions body can be destroyed. In netherrelm. He just reappears at the entrance.
Fact: Akumas master utilized the Satsui no Hado, prior to Akuma, he was it's best user. If Akuma could kill him without training the move...
Fact: No MK characters < Island Level, Street Fighter Shotoclones are. 

And you Really wanna bring up non Canon

Ryu fought Asura 1v1 on the moon. Asura is multiversal.
Ryu has fought Thor, Dark Phoenix, Shuma Gorath, Amsterasu and Galactus. All of which equal or surpass injustices top tiers. Plus Superman was nowhere close to max. Even if he was, he would only be more powerful than Thor and Dark Phoenix on that list.

Non Canon throws a fight Ryu should already win vastly into his favour.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:36 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:

Anyway 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Scorpion vs Ryu:
Rebuttal:

Nope:
wut?:
FactScorpions body can be destroyed. In netherrelm. He just reappears at the entrance.
Fact: Akumas master utilized the Satsui no Hado, prior to Akuma, he was it's best user. If Akuma could kill him without training the move...

Ryu has fought Thor, Dark Phoenix, Shuma Gorath, Amsterasu and Galactus. All of which equal or surpass injustices top tiers. Plus Superman was nowhere close to max. Even if he was, he would only be more powerful than Thor and Dark Phoenix on that list.

Spoiler:
It's a video game, and Scorpion's dead so I'm sure he would be about to fisty cups to moon as well and the Death Battle basically proved to us that Scorpion can stand up with the best of them.  On top of being widely considered the strongest of the MK fighters.  Yes, Scorpions body can be destroyed, but for him a skeleton is just fine and Ryu's body can be destroyed as well, because Scorpion obliterated it.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
Anaconda_Vice wrote:

Anyway 

and 

GALACTUS V UNICRON!

Scorpion vs Ryu:
Rebuttal:

Nope:
wut?:

Spoiler:
It's a video game, and Scorpion's dead so I'm sure he would be about to fisty cups to moon as well and the Death Battle basically proved to us that Scorpion can stand up with the best of them.  On top of being widely considered the strongest of the MK fighters.  Yes, Scorpions body can be destroyed, but for him a skeleton is just fine and Ryu's body can be destroyed as well, because Scorpion obliterated it.
Stuff:
Oh mu god you missed so many points entirely. Being on the moon was the MINOR thing here. Asura would take the entirety of the MKverse, bend it over and take their asses without even trying. and Ryu fights him one on one, without even going full power (Neither did Asura but point stands). Death Battle also claimed Deathstroke can't take a truck exploding in his face without losing his armor and is only Peak human, Blanka can tank 1000000 Megaton lightning bolt despite being hurt by a tazer,and oh my god Cancer that was the most recent fight. Toph v Gaara. why....

Death Battle isn't the be all and end all, not even close. sure they are right alot, even some of the more controversial ones. Sonic would kill Mario, Superman would make Goku his Bitch, Batman can't touch Spiderman, Epyon has its way with any Power Ranger Zord....

But Ryu vs Scorpion was wrong. He can't hang with the top tier Street Fighters, not even close.

Neither can the top tier MKs and Scorpion doesn't scratch them! Liu Kang, Shao Khan, Raiden...Heck Sub Zero makes him his bitch. He's nowhere close to top tier

And when i say destroyed, i mean EVERYTHING is gone. Skin Flesh bones, Skeleton and Atomic Structure. yes he reforms in Netherrelm, but Kratos will just crawl outta the Underworld, Goku will be revived by the Dragonballs, Raiden will reform in a similar fashion and Starscream didn't even die. If he was atomized, which Ryu could totally do, He loses.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Calm it with the quote pyramids, guys.
DP
Staff
Staff