[ 1 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Superman V Goku is here!

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

After about a month on top of the original release Date and 2 years of asking Superman V Goku has happened. [strike]heres a link to guy who ripped it on youtube (Cause Screwattacks video player sucks balls

User removed video heres the screwattack link (They so pulled it!)

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

Now I gotta say..................

Spoiler:
That WAS AMAZING! ........and makes perfect sense. the minute they said Gokus Ki wasn't magic he has a dead man. When your fighting a character superior in everyway who you can;t figure out but he knows everything about you your bound too lose. and just look at those Calcs at the end!

so discuss in spoiler tags...at least for the first page

(on a side note in this super long waiting period they confirmed they would do R&C V J&D and Kratos/Batman will probably come back despite losing.

Last edited by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Superman V Goku is here!

Post by Fabsta1994 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:30 pm

While I normally despise Death Battle and it's biased match-ups, I couldn't help but be curious. I totally saw the final result coming a mile away. And for many others it should have come to no surprise.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Fabsta1994 wrote:While I normally despise Death Battle and it's biased match-ups, I couldn't help but be curious. I totally saw the final result coming a mile away. And for many others it should have come to no surprise.

Spoiler:
The Second they made it clear that Ki =/= magic i knew supes had it. if they hadn't been so intent on a long fight superman would have just crushed his head in base form. peaking of which in base Goku should not have come close to supes. and did you see those figures at the end? SS4 Goku with the red thingy (I am no DbZ fan at all) is no match for supes before he sun dips. and if he sun dips its all over. plus the intelligence factor has such a huge gap (Super Computer V Kindergardener) even if you put them on level speed strength and durability supes would win. Superman is so much higher in every category............Goku didn't have a chance. Funnily enough i think he would beat every other Deathh Battle combatant save Thor and Akuma.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Video has been removed by user.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Spoiler:
goku shouldve won that match gt isnt canon that shouldnt have been used if anything it was a tie
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:07 pm

dragonfire111 wrote:
Spoiler:
goku shouldve won that match gt isnt canon that shouldnt have been used if anything it was a tie
Spoiler:
its an official souce. if he gained anything that doesn't conflict with the Manga it was used. either way how could he even hurt superman?

SUPER EDIT: Dragon I found exactly what the shows director feels about your argument on forum spring. hope it helps.
Spoiler:
ScrewAttackBen responded to TheJoeKerr 30 Dec 12
i wanted to know, which goku did you guys based the fight. i mean the one after the battle of majin boo and the start of the saga of oob ? or the one after the fight against the corrupted shenron ?
I really don't get this "which version of Goku are you using" stuff. There is only ONE Goku. The closest thing to a Goku 2 was Turles. Arguing what is and what is not canon is stupid. In anime, manga, films, whatever, it's still the same character in a new story.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 pm

this guy explains perfectly why goku shouldve won but i digress it was an ok fight a bit out of character though
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:08 pm

BS....
Spoiler:
They made Goku seem so dumb, also Goku was so fair by not using the Kryptonite and killing Superman but Superman had to run like a pussy and use the sun!

Edit: 100% agree with dragonfire and his video.
INSTANT, FUCKING INSTANT!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Um... Goku was always nice like that. He wouldn't have used the Kryptonite.

And they actually did a mathematical calculation on who was stronger at one point, and Superman trumps Goku even in ssj4

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

okay dragon broke the spoiler thing

anyway i notice a flaw in any argument. Goku can't kill Superman. we could get a doomsday repeat and supes goes into a healing coma (ugh) but he would live. Ki does nothing and fist fighting only prolongs the inevitable. apparently Gokus staff was magical but they addressed that by having Superman dispose of it plus it doesn't do that much damage compared to what superman can take. also i find it laughable that anyone including myeslf could argue with the result. They worked with THE biggest fan sources for both characters Directly. they worked with the biggest fans of these guys on the web. they aren't wrong they didn't screw up.

i know whats going to happen so i'm going to adress the guys points

1 supes was in character. as Goku got stronger Supes let more of his barriers down and used more power (Realistically if both we're filled with blood lust from the get go superman would have killed goku in a plethora of ways before any SS crap) but by the time we get to the finale Superman has that bloodlust. he wants this guy dead. Goku was making a mockery of him (Not fighting i can't think of a time when supes was completely on the back foot). hell goku tried to kill him, he blasted him into the sun! i don't know the movie but superman kills about 4 heroes and lobotomises a fifth. when angry as he was he does some crazy shit. its hard to make him that angry even luthor can't do it. but it can be done. plus goku asked for it. literally. in the BS kryptonite scene. hell its more likely that superman would have taken Goku into the sun with him (And god knows with his brain he would have thought about it) then "Let himself be killed. theres a better reasoning behind it but i will get to that.

2.......what is he on about. Goku knew how he was fighting. but Superman wasn't using any arts he has studied plus Goku had no idea what supes could do cause no mind reading. they both walked into each others moves a couple of times. and as smart as he is........no one not even Batman can keep up with Supermans brain. his on the spot thinking is well....super. he couldn't sense his power due to mental blokes. he wouldn't get the stick cause it leaves him open to a certainly fatal assault barring use of instant transmission which also leaves him vulnerable. and sure he'd no supes is getting more powerful (Hence progressing up sayian forms) but from where he would not know. Until the whole SS4 cloud thing and by then the finale was in motion. and i addressed why the instant transmission won't work already. it takes time and concentration which in the heat of battle he wouldn't have. and why would he knock him back down to earth? how many aerial battles are there in DBZ...almost all of the big ones. and Goku would wanna do what he did blast him into space. we know where that went. his last argument this segment will be answered further down.

3 (Via text)...........i like this one. but its way too institutional. most DBZ battles are day time affairs anyway. and putting it at night would be COMPLETE Favoritism and giving Goku the best possible chance at success WHILST hindering Superman which is not allowed (At least via setting). And alot of Supermans major battles were at night. and he still was not in his prime when he fought Doomsday. And he didn't die..........healing coma........i hate it so much......

4........thats when Goku was getting as strong as he is. in fact he was but he was unlocking it in a human body. in Sayina saga he had No limitations due to physical flaws. according to several sources (At least According to DBZ sources) Goku unlocked SS3 and 4 during that time period under 100x gravity. not to mention if you take averages they took Supermans from a period that would be a counterpart to that one. and that was at his base form without Sun dips or even in some cases high level exposure to the sun. ad arguing the math is pointless cause Once Superman Sun Dips he wins. no question. its not possible to question. cause his power is limitless after a dip. hence why its used sparingly and mostly for healing purposes. Take Gt and you need Take future Superman. so that CAN'T HAPPEN! It turns a mismatch into A FREAKIN CIRCUS ACT! and if you take Gt v this Superman..............you get favoritism again.
Giving Goku the best chance of success. you also would need to use a lot of guess work ruling it out. Durability though.....well if he can die from a laser that bomb would have got him. and the whole can't breath in space arguement....he can't but he can hold his breath. and resist the vacuum.

in the end its the same thing as i started with though. Goku has limits and barring the staff no way to seriously hurt the man of steal. where as Superman could have killed him at the start.

theres my counter dragon...top that!

FINALLY the animation is only eye candy. the actual battle was the numbers at the end. they don't go oh but what if this this and this happened and animate and say thats what happened! its a visual representation of facts. and more importantly the outcome

Tl;Dr..............da butthurt is meaningless.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Slayer5228 wrote:BS....
Spoiler:
They made Goku seem so dumb, also Goku was so fair by not using the Kryptonite and killing Superman but Superman had to run like a pussy and use the sun!

Edit: 100% agree with dragonfire and his video.
INSTANT, FUCKING INSTANT!

He didn't run. Goku blasted him into it. he went to outter atmosphere. he had no intention of sun dipping. but read above to see why its meaningless.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Guys, people only use Kryptonite due to not being at Superman's strength class. When it comes to Darkseid, General Zod, Braniac, etc. they are literally able to beat him to death. And Goku is obviously also within that range. Additionally, just to be clear, magic is NOT Superman's weakness. He's merely vulnerable to it, there's a plain difference. Only non-canon media tries to make it seem that major. By that sense, Thor should've beat him in a Marvel/DC crossover.

Furthermore;

Now, I'm not saying this is an unfair match-up and I know Goku's already pretty much god-tier with his power to destroy planets, but I'm sticking with Supes.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

They can't beat him when he goes full force though. and those guys make all villains,look like chumps
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 pm

lol I wasn't even counting Superman even going near all-out. just from one random encounter with his morals on and going a bit easy. Don't even make go on the subject of when he's sun-dipped...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

Like in the battle :p
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star