Lol
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lightning Returns Discussion

Post by BigBox on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 pm

I know not very many are interested in this game, but.  I came across a random hands-on Demo video from E3.  The game does show heavy similarities to that of Kingdom Hearts.  It is an interesting design to say the least.  The Demo takes place during a mission/quest in which Lightning is tracking down, Snow.  Which means, Square hasn't shown off the depth of the landscape in which the player will be able to free roam in the full release.  Anyway, here's the video.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 am

More gameplay of Lightning Returns that I randomly came across while watching videos on the internet.  This is from TGS in which it shows Lightning accepting a quest as well as showing off a bit of the free-roam in the game.  As well as some of the customization features the player will be able to utilize in-game.  (Warning: There is commentary, but none of it is in English and it's extremely obnoxious.)

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Oooo~
Dat customization.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:02 pm

"inb4 people dress up Lightning as scantily clad as possible"
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:36 pm

This was a pretty good show of gameplay, although I would like to see more. Like one thing that excites me is the Daily Colosseum fights. I'm not sure if they're daily, or a do at any time thing. But, that's something I would like to see in a video, or at least a bit more show of the free roam.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:"inb4 people dress up Lightning as scantily clad as possible"

As a matter of fact, those type of costumes should grant little to no benefit for the shits and giggles.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:52 pm

I still need to pre-order this because I really want Cloud's Costume and Zack's Buster Sword. That's right, I called it "Zack's Buster Sword." >.>
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm

^ You better call it that.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Dat rite >: (
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:06 am

I'm know I'm the only one on here that pays attention to this game, because it excites me. I cam across this article where Motomu Toriyama and Yui Umeda talked to Fumitsu. In the interview they talk about how, Lightning Returns is meant to 'beat Skyrim.' Will it beat, Skyrim? Most likely not, that game is way hyped up compared to this game. Anyway, this excited me even more because this gives me an idea of how much work they're really putting into this game. For the idea that I have, I'm sure I won't disappointed by the end product and that excites me even more. Let me say this, "shut up and take my money, Square-Enix!"

Fmitsu Link Below:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/27037360.html
(I had my Google Chrome translate it to English so I can read it.)
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:08 am

The battle system explained.  I love the idea of it, I hope Square can execute!

• The keyword of battle is “Judge and Respond”. Players are encouraged to judge the situation and decide by themselves how to respond.
  • Before the battle system was made for groups. This time around only the core of it has been preserved, in order to let Lightning fight alone.
  • The aim of the new system is to let battles happen quickly and smoothly. Actions happen as soon as the button is pressed.
  • Combat will be much more reliant on timing, in order to stagger the enemy or to counter his attacks.
  • Pressing the guard button puts Lightning in guard stance and she will block all attacks, but the ATB gauge will deplete gradually.
  • It’s possible to attack continuously by keeping the attack button pressed. However pushing it with the right timing will deal more damage. This will be displayed visually.
  • There will be a system that allows players to post their battle score on social networks like Facebook or Twitter.
  • Some monsters will drop certain items only when one of their limbs is cut or destroyed.
  • It’ll be possible to buy scans of the monsters from the informant in towns. That way it’ll be possible to prepare carefully beforehand for the enemies Lightning will have to face. Some scans will require completing a specific quest and some information may not be provided, leaving room for some guesswork.
  • There are less monsters than in the previous titles, but about half of them are completely new.
  • Behavior of certain monsters will change depending on th day/night cycles.
  • There are “Time signal monsters” that come out when it’s almost 6:00 in the morning.They’re an indication that it’s time to wrap up what we’re doing and go back, because at that time Lightning will be forcibly returned to her base (the Ark).
  • The strength of monsters depends on the number of days passed from the start of the game. For instance for the first four days their strength remains the same, but on the fifth it will increase. Stronger monsters also drop better loot, so killing monsters later in the adventure might be beneficial.
  • The strength of Lightning depends on how many quests she completes. Her stats increase by completing quests, and there are some quests that don’t require battle at all. So if an enemy is too strong, it’s possible to go back to town and clear quests to become stronger. Buying a better weapon and shield will also help dramatically.
  • Returning to the Ark fully restores Lightning’s HP and Glory Points (necessary to heal).
  • Using Glory points wisely is important, as HP won’t be restored between battles. Players will have to decide when to use them or when to carry on without healing. Conserving them may be important for boss battles.

(http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/31/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-gets-new-information-on-the-battle-system-and-more/)
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 am

Eradia

Eradia (EP) has two functions. Firstly it allows you to use EP abilities such as healing magic and special effect magic that can do things like alter the flow of time. Secondly, EP can also be used to extend the time remaining before Zero Hour and the dawn of the Apocalypse.

How to Obtain Eradia

The main way to acquire Eradia is by completing quests and saving people's souls. It is also possible to obtain it by defeating enemies.

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:09 am

Sazh makes his return with a scene that you can giggle at while watching.  Also, there's new screenshots and a new trailer.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/21/gamescom-2013-sazh-is-back-in-new-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-trailer-and-screenshots/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:38 pm

I really like the landscapes.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/02/five-new-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-videos-showcase-the-world/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 am

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/19/tgs-2013-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-and-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-get-new-trailers/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:12 am

I love the fanfare in this game, come.  Let's discuss, do you think Square-Enix is doing good with their recent games they either released or are making now?  I think they're doing great as opposed to a couple of years ago.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/21/new-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiv-screenshots-and-trailer-show-lightning-wearing-yunas-kimono/

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am

Not sure yet. All these costumes from previous FF characters. I want them to do more of these in the future if they could. I want me a Zidane costume.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 am

I would like to see costumes from other characters as well, but these are good start for fans of the series.  I've been reading and this game has a fairly good following.  I would like to see more, like demo that shows off every aspect the game has to offer without spoiling anything.

Edit: More fanfare :o
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/22/tgs-2013-lightning-will-get-an-aerith-costume-as-well-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

and, some gameplay.
http://www.psu.com/a021076/Lightning-Returns--Final-Fantasy-XIII-hands-on-gameplay
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 am

The opening intro.  Emotion doesn't run high with, Lightning in this cut-scene.  But, according to the creator that's the way it's meant to be at the start and character's emotions and motivations will roll out through the progression of the storyline.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am

Japanese Gameplay from TGS.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/08/enjoy-22-minutes-of-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiiis-gameplay-and-a-glimpse-on-the-dragoon-armor/
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 pm

The color reminds me of Caius or Kain.

But that train cart in the background got me hyped.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Trains? I hope she suplexes one.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:52 pm

BladedgeX wrote:The color reminds me of Caius or Kain.

But that train cart in the background got me hyped.
Caius is confirmed to be in the game and the train kart excited me too.

@DP:
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm

DP wrote:Trains? I hope she suplexes one.
Suplex it on Bahumut.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next