[ 1 ]
33% 33% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Well, he had to bear through the burden of carrying the One Ring with it's influence and the story makes it clear that he was not the type to go out for war and such. He even made it clear in the beginning of Fellowship and how much he changed once he got back to the Shire and left at the end of Return due to his personal and physical wounds. That's personally why I like Frodo, he's realistic in the fact that he knows he can't do this alone, but is willing to go as far as he can. He cares about his friends. In fact, it was mainly because of him being the protagonist and being the bearer of the One Ring that the cast got as much character development as they did. Like Galadriel once said, if he can't do it, than no one can, because Frodo as a whole essentially had little to work with compared to others like Boromir who felt to the Ring's influence quickly.

So honestly, I like Frodo. A lot even. Lord of the Rings was more or less about the world around him rather than himself, which is what mainly makes the story so interesting. I can respect your opinion though. I mean, I won't call the performance perfect at all. I do wish that Frodo could've acted a bit more badass and confident in some parts compared to Sam at least and I felt that he could've pulled his own weight some more. And the whining could have been reduced a bit, but it was justifiable given his condition. But I thought he was portrayed decently, and it's still ten times more better than Anakin was in the prequel Star Wars trilogy, because compared to Frodo he didn't have much of a reason to act so whiny and had horrible character development compared to what he was destined to become (Darth Vader).

In the end though, the series is about the background cast and the influences though. Frodo was really meant to be more of our guide through the trilogy while we meet other characters we love and hold dear. Now don't get me wrong, he actually isn't my favorite character in the entire trilogy. That goes to Gollum, and Gollum alone. The other four in non-specific order though are Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, and Aragorn although Bilbo might replace the last once I watch the Hobbit.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 pm

I like reluctant protagonists. It's how cole and ratchet started for example. Or say harry potter ( I like the movies but they aren't near lotr quality making a comparison on characters) Ratchet and Cole in particular grew so well into the role. Started from arrogant and naive respectfully into badasses. Even potter seemed okay as a protagonist (although three villains surpassed him maybe 4)
but Frodo was a hinderence not a help to the fellowship he did very little to help bar Carry the one ring. He was very weak not someone I wanted to know about. I found myself drifting during Frodo Sam parts
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Really? The Frodo and Sam parts were the ones I was most interested in, especially during Two Towers which I mostly found to be filler. The thing is though, Frodo is supposed to represent the everyman, and sometimes, we don't rise up to greatness at the end. Sometimes we can't be much of a help, and even hate ourselves for it. But that's the thing about Frodo that made him the perfect candidate for the One Ring, he had so little going for him and was determined to at least do what he could because he knew that if he was alone he would never make it to Mt. Doom. He was a hindrance because he was just normal. He and the others knew that he didn't belong there, he was just doing his best. But it's the effort the counts, what he sustained. Volunteering to carry the ring, trying to help Smeagol instead of slaughtering him like most people would try to do (Like Sam, for instance), and trying to keep the ring to himself in order to prevent it from influencing others in a negative way show his true character.

Not everyone can just be born or become a badass, sometimes you can only give what you've got which could barely be enough in general. I'm personally glad to see how Frodo did in the trilogy and how far he actually endured. Yes, he had help, but he also withstood tremendous struggles as well. If you still don't like him, that's fine, there are plenty of others who share your opinion. But there are also others who liked Frodo for the same reasons as I. And I already explained that Lord of the Rings was about the background characters, the influence of the journey. You're not going to favor the protagonist in every story you find, that's a pure fact. I'm not saying that Frodo was perfect, I can actually agree with you by wanting see more "usefulness" or badassery from him over time. But what he did accomplish to me, was more than enough to be satisfied. That's just me, so to each his own.

Anyways, I finally watched The Hobbit. (Don't worry, I didn't mention any "heavy" spoilers below.) I'm going to go ahead and say it, IGN can take their 7.9 score from their review and shove it up their asses! I loved the whole freaking movie and I never saw how spending over half an hour in the Shire was that much of a hindrance. Heck, I didn't even notice it was really THAT long. Also, Ipool, if you didn't like Frodo, then I can assure you that Bilbo fits in as one of those reluctant protagonists that you like for sure. It was nice to see how Saruman acted while he was still good, although he's still as much of a prick as ever. And let me just say that Thorin is total badass, that is a FACT. Gollum was also awesome in the film, and that moment where Bilbo decides to spare him was personally touching and realistic to me. I also liked Bilbo's redemption for his worth to the group. The slight references to future events in Lord of the Rings was also a nice touch, I look forward to seeing how they truly link up in the future.

To sum up, I am definitely going to watch Desolation of Smaug on day one for sure. Wink If I were to rank this movie, it'd be my second favorite of the series, right above Fellowship and right below Return of the King. Two Towers, is last, but I still find it to be a fine installment, although most of it seemed like filler to me.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am

Every series gets filler. So that makes sense. Although I remember walking away after watching it and thinking "how was any of that relevant" its down to the writing of the books. Many epics have many pointless scenes. Whether it be lotr or a modern epic like a song of ice and fire (hate that too) or eragon/inheritence cycle (they were meh)

good to hear hobbits good. I probably won't go see it but might get it in a form of home media when it comes out
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 pm

...I just found some videos on YouTube that I think are godly among vast proportions. They're techno remixes of each of the trilogy installments, I am now going to proceed to listen to these at least a dozen times a day EACH. I pray that Chetreo (The creator) makes one for An Unexpected journey. <3

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I purchased an actual replica of the One Ring from Amazon earlier today as a Christmas present from my mother. It has spectacular craftsmanship and even comes with both a golden-tinted necklace akin to Frodo's and even Sauron's red inscriptions, "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness, bind them." in the traditional Black Speech from the LotR movies. It's estimated to arrive by December 31st to January 4th. Here's an image for anybody who's curious to see what it looks like:

Oh, I can't wait to finally hold my beloved precious in my palm... <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Wat? why count why?

actually thats kinda cool! like when i got the hero edition of infamous imported for the bag and the statue
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Why? because it can turn me invisible, of course. Who knows the evils it will allow to get away with such divine power... hurr

lol But honestly, I've wanted the One Ring for a few years actually, but I would either forget about it or not have the opportunity to get it honestly. It's just a cool collectible and I could show off to my friends my meekness. Of course, I won't where and show it EVERYWHERE so it'll be begging to get stolen of course. I just like getting collectibles for my favorite franchises, like the stacks of Mario, Sonic, Pokemon Marvel superhero action figures and posters I have all over my room lol. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:22 pm

i just got the infamous 2 stuff........thats it. i want R&C shit but those posters are a rip.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm surprised that someone of your stature on the franchise doesn't have an Omniwrench replica lying around somewhere. awesome
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I WANNA MAKE ONE. COMPLETE WITH TETHER AND MAGNET THAT MAKES IT COME BACK TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its never gonna happen. but i wannnnnnnnnntttttttt onnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 pm

There is still some hope...

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-And-Clank-Wrench-Size-As/dp/B0050TI36E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356312806&sr=8-1&keywords=ratchet+%26+Clank+Wrench

Tempting, is it not? It may not be as flashy the Millennium 12 model, but it's a classic nonetheless.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 pm

It's tiny and flimsy it weighs a pound....
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 pm

...I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. Still, it was the only one I could find. :(
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm

I know you tried. I tried. I will make one. Solid metal. Actually use it for self defense. Coolist murder weapon ever. I also wanna build the amp.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Someday I actually want to create jak's Morph Guns, and possibly maybe even have attachment features so it could switch between different mods. Sounds silly, I know, but a boy can dream... that it'll also be able to shoot actual Eco-esque bullets at people with the Blaster attatchment. :twisted:
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 pm

On the plus side the amp has a lot of tutoroals. I may actually be. Avble to do it!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 pm

It actually seems pretty possible now that I've looked at some replicas and details on the process. Best of luck to you on your imminent journey to forging your sacred blade, whenever it may be. Wink

Now, I must begin the waiting game for the One Ring...

Last edited by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks....I guess....fogging what now?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Fogging? I meant forging... I hate this damn autocorrect, I swear. pissed
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 pm

I feel ya bro. I reel ya....DAMMIT MOTHER TRUFKER.....DAMMIT!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 pm

I haven't watched these movies in forever Shocked I can't remember them. I'll have to rewatch before I vote.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:39 pm

The Fellowship of the Ring:
http://www.solarmovie.so/link/play/524246/

The Two Towers:
http://www.solarmovie.so/link/play/696227/