[ 1 ]
33% 33% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

The Lord of the Rings

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Please tell me that I'm not alone in being a fan of this spectacular trilogy. I actually recently just watched the first two and am about an hour in on Return of the King.

Also, Gandalf the Grey>Gandalf the White. Haters gonna hate. :P

Last edited by Count Mario on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord of the Rings

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

This.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 pm

...That is the best video I've seen all week. Thank you. Randal was just awesome. XD

Although, I'm a fan of both franchises. Why like one when you can like both? I just find fanboy/fan-base wars to be so stupid most of the time.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 pm

I actually don't side with any side haha, I just thought it was the perfect time to post that video. I do prefer Star Wars but in no way do I think Lord of The Rings was bad, I just loved this part from the Clerks movie! xD

Seize the opportunity, I AM THE ULTIMATE OPPORTUNIST!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm

I kind of know that aren't much of the "geeky" type towards these movies, so I know that you didn't have a side. I just felt like mentioning it because I see it so often. Still, that was a freaking funny-ass video. I'm actually a bit more towards SW as well, but that's really only because I've only gotten deeply into Lord of the Rings recently. I think after I finish watching RotK, I'll like them about the same because so far I love both original trilogies on both sides. YAY

And I am the ULTIMATE nerd opportunist! Video games, comic books, superheroes, anime, manga, western animation, fantasy/sci-fi films, novels, etc. I love them all! :twisted:

Also, here's the ending that Randal talked about, but edited with new voice overs.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Rofl nice video dude, I want to watch Clerks now! :P

0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:21 am

i love LOTR im really excited for the hobbit
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I-Dentity- on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I find the LotR series so... I won't say that :P Not the actual story since that's great, but I hate the filming! I always have the feeling that the cast is standing in front of a green screen, since it just looks copy paste work -.- Other then that, good story terrible filming.

I-Dentity-
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : I-Dentity-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Okay, so I finished The Return of the King, and let me just say that there are rarely any times when watching movies (Disney/Pixar doesn't count) where I feel like tearing up. But this trilogy has become one of those few exceptions. I mean, I heard that something happened to Frodo at the end, so I was sadly sort of expecting him to maybe die with Smeagol at Mount Doom. I was so relieved when he didn't fall, but then... then the ending came and when I saw Gandalf asking for Frodo to come, I just, the best way to describe it is that it had such an impact on my heart. This trilogy is definitely on par with Star Wars in my honest opinion now and I've been a die-hard SW fan for years.

So with all that wrapped up, there's only one reasonable thing that I could ever do at this point. I'm going to watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on Friday night for sure now! awesome

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 am

I love the Hobbit and the LotR books. I also love the LotR movies but after reading the books I found myself asking why they changed so much of it. I just watched the midnight showing of the Hobbit and I really enjoyed it but I find myself, once again, asking "why did you change this". I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything.
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am

even as someone who lives in New Zealand i currently dont give a shit about the hobbit has anyone seen it yet?
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminen Scebeli on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I just saw it yesterday, actually. Liked it. Not as much as the trilogy, but they are hard to top. Still though, I liked The Hobbit as a book more, I don't know why. But yeah, I love the world Tolkien has created.
Luminen Scebeli
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : SnowmanTheScebel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Eh, I still haven't seen the movie (sadly), but that can be applied to a lot of series. I say that instead of looking at them as say, adaptations, and more of similar they slightly different perspectives, if that makes sense. It's fine to like the novels or movies better, but personally, I'm just going to stick with the latter.

Regardless, it's still an awesome franchise and I NEVER expected this to surpass the trilogy. Maybe Two Towers, but not Fellowship or Return in my perspective (Although I hope to be proven wrong still).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Setting a record as the biggest December weekend of all time, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey raked in an estimated $84.8 million in its debut with an additional $138.2 million internationally. It made $13 million from midnight Friday screenings alone.

Here are the weekend box office estimates via Rentrak:

1. The Hobbit $84.8 million
2. Rise of the Guardians $7.4 million
3. Lincoln $7.2 million
4. Skyfall $7 million
5. Life of Pi $5.4 million
6. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 $5.2 million
7. Wreck-It Ralph $3.3 million
8. Playing for Keeps $3.2 million
9. Red Dawn $2.4 million
10. Silver Linings Playbook $2.1 million

Credits to IGN

I can't really say that this was unexpected (Sorry, couldn't resist) in terms of outclassing other movie opening sales, but damn, not really by THAT much. I still wish that Wreck-It Ralph could've switched places with Return of the Guardians in terms of sales though because I find that a bit ridiculous, personally. And I've never really found DreamWorks movies great or interesting besides Shrek and and maybe Kung Fu Panda, but that's just me.

Anyways, I'm going to see The Hobbit tonight. I'm sure that it'll be spectacular, but being as good as The Lord of the Rings trilogy is what worries me a bit. I expect it to surpass The Two Towers, but I'm not too sure about Fellowship or Return. Ah well, that's what hypes me up even more! I'll be back in over four hours after 4:15 to update you guys with a short review on the movie. Wink

Last edited by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

How to train your Dragon count, is the best animated movie I've ever seen bar toy story 3 and emmmm that's it.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Really? I was never really interested in it to begin with, personally. But I'm a bit of a biased Disney/Pixar guy anyways, so that's just me.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I guess. Bias does that. I despise nostalgia goggles.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah. But I'm not really much of a DreamWorks guy and I have given most of their movies a chance. But they usually just fall short to me. I mean, I don't kiss Disney's ass either though, I know they've made some below average movies themselves. like around 2004-2008. And don't get me started on the idiocy that is the Cars franchise, which is the only flaw Pixar has in their history in my opinion. In fact, I'd say that they've been making decent movies again since The Princess and the Frog to be honest. I'm just not a Dreamworks guy, I guess.

Bias, yes, but nostalgia no. I don't compare DreamWorks movies to Disney movies and make that my whole review. Otherwise, I wouldn't have liked Lord of the Rings as much as I currently do because I've been a major Star Wars fan for YEARS by that logic. They just don't really appeal to me much as animated movies themselves.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Httyd felt different. Less focus on stupid humour, decent plot excellent believable characters and some touching relationships between them. Plus the protagonist doesn't come out unscathed which is touching how its portrayed
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I hate to say this again, but really? Then I must've misjudged it for the average DreamWorks movie I usually see. I might give it a chance in the future then. Although, how do you feel about the tv show?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

story's fine but animation...not so much. The charming art style is let down by a tv show budget
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Just like Smallville... That's why an Arrow show is perfect, because we have an amazing plot to go along with a suitable budget compared to a series that's mainly sci-fi.

But Ipool, do you have something that's actually Hobbit/Lord of the RIngs related to share in this thread? i know that we always have a lot of fun going off-topic, but I do want to go back eventually.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:43 pm

I don't really like it. Like DmC I found I loved the concept yet hate the product.

Also Sam is the hero not Frodo. Just saiyan
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

I actually agree with that. He was also the most badass of the Hobbits most of the time. That's why I'm glad that he got such a great ending and Frodo recognized just how much he helped at the end of Return.

But c'mon though, Frodo got stabbed by a Nazgul, almost got eaten and was paralyzed by a giant spider, one of his friends tried to kill him for the One Ring, he failed to help Gollum find redemption, had his finger bit off, gave in to the One Ring at the last minute (Which i don't blame him for after what he went through in the trilogy), and failed to ever feel at peace in the Shire which is why he left at the end of Return. You've gotta give him some credit lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 pm

No....I think he's a pussy. Horrible main character. Sam arragon gimley legolas gandalf. They are awesome. But the story didn't immerse me. So I kinds pulled my self through em rather than enjoy it
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top