Call Of Duty Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am

Last COD game I bought was Black Ops 1...
I'm just tired of the same game being released every year, I'm done with COD games...Actually I've grown tired of "Multiplayer focused" shooters.

0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 am

I am not directly pointing this in call of duty's direction but it seems like most of the games nowadays (online competitive at least) are catering to the audience that anybody can play them. Games aren't really taking as much skill as before. There are some games that take plenty of practice to be good at but it you look at call of duty or even the new halo, they really have toned down to the point where anybody can play.

Maybe that is why I don't like cod that much, because literally anybody can play which limits the ability for people to actually stand out. PS all stars has a few characters that anybody can pick up and play as but if you really want to be good, its possible with lots of practice :)

Single player is my main thing in games these days
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 am

What people don't realize is that CoD didn't start the popular trend of realistic shooters. That started with a certain PS Exclusive Shooter we all know and love as SOCOM U.S NAVY SEALS.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I-Dentity- on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 am

Hmm... One of the most addiciting games for sure. I played Blops II and I kinda disliked it.. :O Zombies is terrible this time and that's what got me the most in CoD games..
I-Dentity-
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : I-Dentity-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:What people don't realize is that CoD didn't start the popular trend of realistic shooters. That started with a certain PS Exclusive Shooter we all know and love as SOCOM U.S NAVY SEALS.
true but COD (more specifically modern warfare) started the oversaturation of it
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 am

That is true, also I wish SOCOM was still good. In any case Sony Santa Monica is currently working on an unnamed shooter. Just before they announced there was a post on the S4 forum asking what made SOCOM good. The thread was posted by a previous Zipper Interactive employee. When you put two and two together it seems like Sony SM is working on SOCOM U.S NAVY SEALS 5.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Bump.....hey never thought I would dig this up....I mean hey that's Noc up there!....I still hate you Noc. 

Anyway...I have made no secret of my hatred of this series, with its bland campaigns and mp that makes MvC3 look balanced and Twisted Metal a lag free haven. But there is an exception. Zombies. Well at least it was. 

I logged countless hours into the mode in black ops in every map. I loved most of em. Nacht Der Untoten was great for quick fun (before we go on I did buy/gameshare every dlc...sue me) Shi no numas spiked pendulum was a riot (i purposefully murdered my mates with it on purpose...yeah I'm a Dick) veruckts loneliness, and I just loved everything about Der rise kino Der toten and ascension. My friends and I got good enough that a game in the twenties was the only thing we would take outside certain maps. I kinda liked call of the dead Shangri la and moon.the simplistic nature of it was great, I could think about multiple things, each one key to my survival. Do I open this door now? Do I buy this gun or hit the box? Power and release the freakin gassers? Do I revive him, do I get ammo, trade in this...ect. simple often quick decisions decided how well you do. But in bo2 it just got soo complex I just gave up...I've yet to play it with friends though. But that may change. 

You see I arrive at the point of this revival. I started playing bo1 with my friends (purely zombies) in what hopefully will become a nightly tradition (i haven't seen these guys tor two months) and love it all over again. We got a round 26 and 30 barely trying. twas a lot of fun. They told me bo2 was alright but the lack of charm, original characters (zombies used to have good writing) and uber complexity, means it falls short...that's about to change. 

You've heard about it, weather you mean to or not but the original four return maybe for the last time in Zombies Origins. We dunno what's in the Pack other wise but it may be ALL the classic maps, plus a new map based on the ww1 trenches. With Jagers. yeah pacific rim style. 

Would you buy this zombie centric dlc? Would you return to cod, possibly for the final run with the undead? 

Personally, without friends its no fun. I hate the first person view in games almost universally. But I love my zombies. I got bo2 just for it (well my sister did- then never played it. But I have a morality issue with buying these maps.plus if they are now a bo2 style adventure hell no. But maybe its back to roots? I can dream. 

so yeah discuss. And don't stab Me I still hate the franchise too. Just not zombies.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:41 pm

The only reason most of my friends play Cod is for Zombies, so it's no big deal to say you hate CoD, but love Zombies mode. It's fun. 

As long as it's zombies, I'll buy most things, and this "Origins" map pack is pretty cool, seeing as how all of the main zombie maps will most likely all be able to be played on BO2. And having the new map in WWI trenches is something I've been waiting for for a while. What I didn't expect at all was that giant freaking robot. Makes me wonder how that's all going to work. If it's as dynamic as, say, "Leeroy" from Buried, then it should be interesting.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 pm

As long as you dont need him to open perks up! My main problem with bo2 you need to do too much shit in order to get basic supplies. 

But honestly I don't care. If its the original four (sam/richtofen are interchangeable I don't care which one is in richtofens body) I'll play it and I mean classic maps? My dlc got deleted I've been DYING to play ascension again. 

What I would like to see is the Jager thing being a constant hazard similar to Romero in CotD, but unkillable (obviously) and you have to use his attacks to your advantage. It sounds like complex bs. But its no different than the centerfuge. Cept ya know. It moves. And its a giant freaking robot.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm

okay a little outdated but no this is not what i was hoping for. but its still pretty good even if i can see 101 canon breaking things coming out of it.........but ignore that. Just enjoy the original four, A7X and a giant robot. just general bad assery.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Look at dis hype shit:

Anybody ready to become wizards?! :D
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 am

Nope cause I may or may not have saw the ending to the entire story. No bueno.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 pm

I was super close to watching the end on Youtube, but ended up actually refusing to click on the video. So don't say a word. Even if it's shit, it's an end.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Its no beuno... I mean I saw it out of context but if its as clear cut as it seems than we have been severly deceived. But you should see it yourself.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top