Call Of Duty Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I don't hate it.


There I said it.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 pm

I don't like it, but I don't mind if you do.

lol It's alright to like it. Most of my friends are COD fans anyways, so I'm used to it and I even play with them sometimes when I'm bored. There also some COD fans on this forum, so you're not alone. Wink
avatar
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario
Posts : 7165
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Spider-Island Two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Why does this exist? heh
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 pm

So people could talk about Call of Duty, maybe? I don't know, it's not like discussion means to well, discuss or anything remotely similar...
avatar
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario
Posts : 7165
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Spider-Island Two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by FreddyPieWub on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 pm

I wonder what do you like about COD in general? Don't forget about single player.

I'm no COD fan, and I'm curious.
avatar
FreddyPieWub
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

PSN : FredFai
Posts : 53
Join date : 2012-11-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

worry sad pissed
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 pm

I gave up playing cod after MW 3.. I play it sometimes when I am at my friends place but it just isn't as fun as some other good fps games. I can really only play a good unique fps game (bioshock, rage, resistance, etc) but I can't handle online "competitive" play for those games. There are too many things that people abuse just to win (camping mainly) Even when I play with my friends locally, it gets old real fast. I can play the zombie mode with them because it takes cooperation and not competition.

Thats why I want time splitters! It would bring local play back :D


But back to the subject. Don't get me wrong, Its not just call of duty that I dislike, its really any "shooter" I can't handle playing online competitively. Even uncharted 3. It was fun at first but like all games, people find ways to abuse the system that the developer put into the game. Camping, spray and pray, etc. It just gets old... PS all stars is one I can handle though because it actually takes skill to play unlike waiting in a corner til someone runs past then shooting them from behind. How is that fun?


Last edited by god-of-paradise on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise
Posts : 1160
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm

First of all I always tend to like something that gets hate for no goddamn reason.
Yes, it's overrated. Yes, it's far from the best series ever.

BUT DAMMIT, IT'S FRIGGIN FUN TO PLAY. AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Hell, I don't even own any CoD games. I just play with my brother. And I enjoy them! It's fun to shoot things!

In fact, let me ask you, Pastapeople, what do you NOT like about CoD?
The following reasons are not valid arguments, btw:

  • "It's generic!" (So what?)
  • "It's overhyped!" (Ok, yeah, so what? You know what else was overhyped? LOT'S OF SHIT.)
  • "I've never played it but..." (Leave.)
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm just not a fan of FPS lol, multilayered centered ones to be specific. The only ones I like are BioShock and Metroid because they are much more single player focused, have incredible stories, characters that I can actually get into and remember, etc. COD is a fine franchise, along with Halo, Resistance, Killzone, etc, but they just don't appeal to me. It's simply a matter of taste.

I'm in no way saying it's bad and I don't bash people for liking it or bring it up as the worst game ever and expect to get a billion Kudos for that comment lol. I think you're mistaking the community of these forums with those of YouTube or IGN. I know that I'm at least more sensible and respectful that the typical COD disliker, although I wouldn't even say I hate it. It just doesn't appeal to me, I neither like nor hate it.
avatar
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario
Posts : 7165
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Spider-Island Two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Zombies... Nuff said...
avatar
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem
Posts : 2612
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:17 pm

It's terrible and CoD zombies is one of the worst zombie adaptions of all time.
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Razer_Shpex wrote:It's terrible and CoD zombies is one of the worst zombie adaptions of all time.

Do you have any reasoning for this or are you just saying that. Have you even played it? Because honestly Nazi Zombies is the best part of the entire goddamn franchise.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Let's compare it to the likes of Resident Evil and then we can see how bad Nazi Zombies really is. Not to mention it takes 5 millions shots to kill a zombie, I don't care about that stupid score system. I just wanna play a zombie mode that's actually fun and not some stupid little mini game that people for some reason compare to the best when it's one of the worst.
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:40 pm

Razer_Shpex wrote:Let's compare it to the likes of Resident Evil and then we can see how bad Nazi Zombies really is. Not to mention it takes 5 millions shots to kill a zombie, I don't care about that stupid score system. I just wanna play a zombie mode that's actually fun and not some stupid little mini game that people for some reason compare to the best when it's one of the worst.

Have you actually played it? Like, for more than five minutes? Because it's more than just a "stupid little mini game". It's practically it's own seperate story mode.

Also, I don't particularly like RE, so it's not really the best comparison in this situation.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I have played it and even with the storyline they started adding it it's still just the same stupid little mini game it was back in WaW.
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 pm

You still aren't giving an actual reason you hate these games. So far your argument consists of "It's stupid" and "RE is better you guys".

Look, if you don't like CoD that's fine with me. More power to you. I just want to know why, because I hate it when people just blindly toss hate at something for no good reason.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Played the games and they suck, played zombies and wanted to vomit. No other words are need for CoD other then "it sucks."
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Razer_Shpex wrote:Played the games and they suck, played zombies and wanted to vomit. No other words are need for CoD other then "it sucks."

WHY DO YOU THINK IT SUCKS THOUGH
WHY DID YOU WANT TO VOMIT

Right now nothing is being accomplished except for making me aggravated.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

I shouldn't even have to explain this if you played it.
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Treyarch said themeselves that they didn't expect it to get as popular as it is today. So, obviously, they did something right if people love Zombies mode much better than any other CoD modes. Hell, could just be that it's a perfect change of pace from playing the same multiplayer all the time. And the story just adds to people's interest because they want to crack the code, if you will. Plus, every new map has a new spin on it to force you to keep changing your strategy while playing. Look how much that it's evolved since the very start in WaW with Nacht Der Untoten, to now, with a full world that combines multiple maps inside of it. It's still got the basic things that it's started out with, including rebuilding barricades, buying guns off walls, the mystery box, and turning on the power, but now they've added so much to it; they added story lines, special zombies, crafting, free roam, and more.

I'm not going to try to convince you, as you've been a tough cookie to crack for many things, but I do belive that for many of us, it's just plain fun.
avatar
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem
Posts : 2612
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:Words

I have played it.
That's why I like it.

Pyro-Hem wrote:Words

Thank you.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Razer_Shpex on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 am

Sorry, but Nazi Zombies is just a plain hassle.
avatar
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer
Posts : 1040
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 97
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Kiwi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:Sorry, but Nazi Zombies is just a plain hassle.

Okay so nothing you're saying is contributing to the discussion.
At all.

Aaaaaaanyway, anybody here have Black Ops 2 yet? I'm thinking of getting it for Christmas.
avatar
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi
Posts : 802
Join date : 2012-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Livin' here in Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 am

i dislike it because its the same thing over and over its also starting to bleed into other series nowadays almost every shooter wants to be ultra realistic with the artstyle which pisses me off cause im sick of that artstyle for shooters
avatar
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 25
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 am

@Dragonfire: Which is why I like Borderlands and Borderlands 2.

@Razer: Hey, man. Eveybody's got different tastes in what they like and don't like in games. So, it's completely fine if you don't like it.

@Kiwi: Already have it. Traded in my MW3 game to get it. MW3 was a complete waste in my opinion. BO2 is going to be the last CoD game that I'll buy though. Anything else CoD related, I just don't care for anymore.
avatar
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem
Posts : 2612
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call Of Duty Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum