Disney Discussion

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disney Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Okay, seriously guys. Wreck-It Ralph's soundtrack is undeniably god-tier. it's already my favorite Disney movie and it STILL continues to impress me the more I watch/listen/research it. If it in't featured in KH3 in a professional manner like TRON did in KH2 and KH3D, then Imma slap somebody here on the forums. pissed

Spoiler:

I literally hate myself for not watching it as long as I did. I swear in the name of both my Disney and video game pride that when the sequel (Oh c'mon, don't act like it won't happen) releases, I will be there at the theatre at midnight if I have to! Heck, I might even camp out on the day before outside the theatre and be the first one in line. Yes, I've become that obsessed with this movie. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:41 am

Got any idea who you're gonna slap haha?

Anyways I enjoyed the movie but I don't think I'd ever camp out for any movie! 0.0
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 am

I didn't think so either. But this movie... it changed me. I'll probably only do it if some friends are willing to go with me though.

As for who I'll slap, let's just say that Administrators are not exceptions... *shifty eyes*
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 am

Hahaha, we'll be sure to raise our defenses then.
(Arms the staff with hammers.)

Anyways...I really hope there's a Wreck It Raplh world in KH as well!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 am

Make it happen, Square.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 am

Finally saw Wreck-It Ralph. Holy crap is that film amazing! Man, the villain freaked me out a bit!
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah I just saw it too its out like two weeks over here. It is quite amazing. Pretty sad throughout never depressing. And the villain was pretty intimidating. Its like a pixar movie that's not pixar. Actually not being pixar is good it'll probably be in kingdom hearts. Anyway best animated movie from Disney in s long time
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm

I thought Disney started hitting movies out of the park again since The Princess and the Frog. Between 2004-2008 though, to me, they were stuck in some sort of limbo of bad and decent movies while mainly relying on Pixar to truly get them out of the mud. But that's just me.

And the funny thing about that comment is, that's EXACTLY what I though lpool. In fact, the irony is that Pixar tried to do a more Disney-esque movie with Brave during the same year lol. It was basically an experiment for the two companies, I guess. Brave was a good movie on it's own, but when you put it on the scale of Pixar franchises in terms of review, it's near the bottom (But right above Cars, because nothing can be worse than Cars). But with Disney, they pretty much had one of their most successful movies ever. That's a pretty intimidating feat. Currently, it's pretty much my favorite Disney movie, and I've watched every single animated Disney film along with Tron, Pirates, and John Carter.

Although just to clarify, Nomura does want Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts. He's likely waiting on a good opportunity, like on a home console with KH3, I guess. And Tetiro, I am so glad that yo finally watched. I told you that it was a masterpiece! <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xdrako23x on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Ellis : I love horses...

So. my favourite Disney movie is Wreck-It Ralph
xdrako23x
New Challenger
New Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Count, you didn't like cars? :( lol I can see why honestly. I thought Cars was good, but man, Cars 2 DOES NOT need to exist. I preferred Toy Story being the only series to get sequels (since they always managed to one-up the previous installment. 3 is one of my favorite movies on its own, let alone being apart of the series). I don't like the idea of Monsters Inc. having a sequel either. I would like a Wall-E prequel or a Bugs' Life sequel, but those are the only two (imo) Pixar franchises that could expand with a sequel.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Well when I say that I don't like Cars, I mean that I don't really like it as much as any of the other Pixar movies, including Brave. I mean, the first movie was decent, I can admit that. I'd say above mediocre.

Also, I don't really see a WALL-E prequel working. I mean, don't get me wrong, I see that you're likely saying that it could take place with an advanced future society on Earth with robots and stuff, but honestly, the fact that WALL-E took place in a ruined world and the actual potential of it happening along with mankind redeeming itself that made the story interesting. I mean, I'd rather see a WALL-E movie, not actually be about WALL-E. I won't cut out the possibility that there can be a prequel, but I don't really see what's the true point.

I mean with Monsters, you get to see how Mike and Sulley met and get an interesting view of the world of Monstropolis before scaring was shut down and the whole premise if just downright innovative. And Toy Story's just really one of those settings and casts where you could make up anything viable for a sequel if done right and with moderation (Although I don't want to see Toy Story 4. Maybe Toy Story 0 though bout how Andy got Woody as a hand-me-down from his father and going into how he was made and stuff. And it could still include Buzz by showing his increasing popularity over time and showing up on tv and stuff. But I'm just spitballing here, I'm fine with the series as it is.)

I can agree with A Bug's Life completely though. However, if there's one Pixar movie that I think should forever remain untouched, it's Up. It's absolutely perfect the way it is and can literally only work within that one story, plain and simple, CASE CLOSED. I dare anybody to challenge me and say that a sequel or prequel would be beneficial for the franchise, really, I'd love to hear it. pissed

...As you can see, I'm very passionate about Disney/Pixar, Trey. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm

I agree completely with Up, and with Wall-E I could see them somehow expanding the universe. If they can't make a compelling story within the universe, they shouldn't go back to it. I see both Bugs' Life and Wall-E having this ability. The rest however, not so much. Even though Monster's Inc. 2 is kind of innovative, I thought the original was almost too perfect to touch. Like, to me, it didn't need expanding. But hey, if the prequel is just as good and I'm proven wrong all the better lol. Also, how is Brave? I COMPLETELY forgot about it. I need to get on that. It's the first Pixar movie I haven't gotten around too o.o
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Brave, well, it's a good movie (Better than Car,s of course lol), but in terms of Pixar's work, it's right at the bottom (Above Cars, of course XD ). I still recommend that you see it though because it is pretty decent and heartwarming.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:11 pm

That and Wreck-It-Ralph are on my Stuff-To-Do-Before-I-Leave list lol.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZALYNormal13 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Has anybody seen this? Looks like Disney is bringing Mickey back again.
http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/03/mickey-mouse-to-star-in-new-cartoon-shorts-with-classic-comedy-contemporary-flair/
CraZALYNormal13
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : n0rmal94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Just saw that preview this morning of the episode. Have to say, this might actually give me a reason to start watching tv again besides Young Justice, Green Lantern, and the Clone Wars, although they're all canceled already so you could scratch that part of my sentence off. XD Still, all I have to say is one thing that I hope occurs. By the love of God Disney, start using this guy outside of video games again!

Really, why the heck doesn't Disney use Oswald more? It's almost as if Junction Point is the only company interested in using the character.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm

You think Osworld situation is bad? Tell that to Mighty The Armadillo. Lol
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Or Fang, Bean, Polar, and Ray lol. But still, he's at least being used in some capacity and traded one of their newscasters for the character years ago to get the rights back. But for some reason, Disney doesn't go the whole way with him. It kind of irks me, to say the least.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

I really hope it's because they're saving him for something they're currently working on. But yeah, it really sucks. I know it's just Disney and all but he'd make an interesting sort of rival to Mickey.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Honestly, I'd prefer a more brotherly relationship (With a fair bit of rivalry, of course). Heck, even an animated show with Mickey and Oswald as the co-stars. But alas, it seems that is nigh impossible at the moment.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Mickey & Oswald = Goku & Vegeta? Lol. But yeah that'd be cool. Why do companies horde cool characters that they end up never using? It irks me ._.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I was more or less thinking like this:

But okay lol. And I know, right?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:19 am

Alright, we got a lot of news pouring in from the D23 Expo! Let's start it off with what everyone's been hyped up about, AKA, Pixar's upcoming movies.

Pixar kicked off their presentation by talking about The Good Dinosaur, which will be arriving on May 30th, 2014 (I bet it'll get pushed back into the summer). This has been announced by Pixar for a while, but lots of more details and footage were revealed at the event. Here's IGN's description of what they saw.

Introducing the next Pixar movie at D23 today, John Lasseter noted that all their movies began with the question “What if?”, with questions like, “What if toys were actually alive when you left the room?” or “What if monsters really were in your closet?” but that The Good Dinosaur is, “The biggest what if ever.”

The first of several sequences we were shown from the film began with a title card saying 65 million years ago. It’s an intense, sci-fi type sequence as we see an asteroid belt where one asteroid is knocked free by another one. It begins hurtling from the belt, speeding up and heading right towards Earth. Booming music plays as it seems to gain speed and burn up… only for it to fly right past the surface of the Earth. We see a group of grazing dinosaurs as the asteroid hurtles (safely) over their head, causing them all to look up and watch it pass.

Yes, the main conceit of the film is the dinosaurs never went extinct and director Peter Sohn and producer Denise Ream explained that in the film, dinosaurs have evolved through the ages into farmers who “Function as their own farm equipment.” For instance, the triceratops is a bulldozer, and the stegosaurus can mow down acres of crops.

We were then shown another extended sequence from the film. A dialogue-free look at the dinosaurs going about their day as farmers. It’s a lovely sequence, as we see dinosaurs burrow their heads into the ground to dig trenches, chomp tree branches off with their mouths and place it on their backs to carry and other tasks they’ve adapted into.

The main cast were then introduced, with Lucas Neff (Raising Hope) voicing the main character, a dinosaur named Arlo. Arlo’s parents are voiced by John Lithgow and Frances McDormand and his siblings voiced by Bill Hader, Neil Patrick Harris and Judy Greer.

It had previously been said that The Good Dinosaur was about dinosaurs and humans co-existing, but as it turns out, the film is actually about intelligent dinosaurs meeting humans for the first time. We saw a scene in which Arlo sees a curious bug running beneath him, only to realize it’s a curious creature running around with a kind of makeshift rock armor on – a cave boy, named Spot. It’s a very funny sequence as Arlo tries to speak to Spot, who is attacking him, throwing his (relatively) tiny spear into Arlo’s nose and then leaping at Arlo, ending up inside his mouth as Arlo does his best to not swallow the kid, who is grunting and yelling, but hasn’t quite mastered speech.

The filmmakers noted that it was an interesting challenge having their two main characters be three feet tall and seventy feet tall, respectively. The presentation ended with an animation test, showing Spot hilariously trying to hunt a bug, who keeps evading him, climbing ever higher – as we finally realize he’s climbing up Arlo himself, until he’s on his head. Arlo encourages Spot, telling him he’ll get that bug yet, and trying to give him tactics. As Arlo tries to show Spot what he do, he spinsaround – sending Spot flying off him in the process.
Sounds pretty damn good. I have confidence in this movie bringing Pixar back to their high-class standards.

Next up is another original Pixar franchise coming to light. It'll arrive in 2015 and is called Inside Out. For those of you who don't remember, this is the "inside the mind movie" that Pixar's been contemplating about for quite a while.

At D23 today, John Lasseter described Pixar’s 2015 film Inside Out as “One of the m
ost unique films I have ever been associated with,” saying it was a “magical, wonderful, original film.”
Inside Out is the next film from director Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc., Up), who said he loved telling stories that “can only be done in animation” but that there needed to be “Some element of real life experience” for the audience to relate to. Inside Out centers on an 11-year old girl named Riley -- who looks a bit like a young Gwen Stacy, with her blond hair and black headband -- trying to cope with her new life in San Francisco after her parents move there. But as Docter noted, “Riley is our main character, but she’s also our setting.”

That’s because much of Inside Out takes place inside Riley’s mind, where we see her emotions embodied by five characters, whose voice cast was announced today: Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling), Fear (Bill Hader), Joy (Amy Poehler) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). We saw production art showing “headquarters” in the film, where the Emotions each add to Riley’s mindset – with glowing, lite-brite-like walls surrounding a screen where memories can be brought up.

Fear (Bill Hader), Sadness (Phyllis Smith), Joy (Amy Poehler), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Anger (Lewis Black) in Pixar's Inside Out.

In the film, a crisis strikes when circumstances lead to Joy and Sadness being “kicked out into the far reaches of the mind.” We saw artwork for many of the places the two journey, all of which had very distinct looks. Long Term Memory looked like a pseudo-futuristic city, with a huge tower in the center. Imagination Land looked like a theme park, and as the audience noted some notable similarities to Fantasyland, Docter quipped, “Any similarities to a nearby theme park is purely obvious.” A glimpse at Abstract Thought was conveyed via a drawing of Joy and Sadness looking distorted and Picasso-esque, while Dream Production looked like a Hollywood studio. Finally, there was the mode of travel through the mind – the Train of Thought, which looked like a kids toy train, but traveling along an imposing mountainside. Yes, the idea of "the people inside our mind" was once done by the FOX sitcom Herman's Head, but this looks like a far more ambitious and expansive look at that idea, as one expects from Pixar.

With Joy and Sadness lost, that leaves Anger, Fear and Disgust as the only emotions Riley has access to. With Inside Out a couple of years away, there was no fully animated sequences to show, outside of some tests. But as the presentation ended, we were shown an animatic of one sequence, complete with voice over. It was a truly hysterical scene that the crowd loved, in which Riley sits at the table with her mom and dad, giving them some notably emotional responses, as Anger, Fear and Disgust take turns in control. What really makes the scene a classic though is that we then see the five characters controlling her mom’s emotions and how they are attempting to figure out what’s going on. When Mom looks to Dad for some help, we then go inside his brain, where his five emotions are all distracted watching a hockey game in their memory before noticing Mom wants to talk.

The headquarters for each person is different too, with Dad’s mind looking like the mix of a Star Trek bridge and a military control room. At one point, as Mom gets exasperated, we see her emotions mention the “Brazilian helicopter pilot” they could have been with rather than him. As Anger makes Riley give increasingly hostile responses to her parents’ question, Dad’s emotions decide it’s time to “put the foot down,” and Dad sends her to her room. One of Dad’s emotions turns to the other and says, “Whew, that could have been a disaster,” while in Mom’s mind one of them says, “That was a disaster” – and we see a handsome, Brazilian helicopter pilot smiling at them from their memory screen.
This also looks like it has some stellar potential. However, I feel like the characters look a bit generic and the humor (mainly the Brazillian pilot gag) sounds like something DreamWorks would do. But the tidbits about the landscape, premise, and relationship feedback between Riley and her parents (mainly her dad, considering how her mom sounds like a bit of a slut, mind you) looks promising.

Up next is Finding Dory, in which even though I predicted the general premise, it sounds like it could be more than meets the eye.

Among larger presentations for 2014’s The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out, which opens summer 2015, there was also a briefer presentation for Pixar’s Finding Dorytoday at D23, which doesn’t open until fall 2015.

Director Andrew Stanton, returning from the original, took to the stage, saying that while he’d been asked if there could be a sequel before, he never wanted to do it until he had a good idea for one. The Dory presentation began with a clip from Finding Nemo in which Dory mentions her family in passing and how all of them have short-term memory… or at least she thinks so. Stanton said that when thinking about a sequel idea, he began to hone in on Dory and wonder, “Where’s her family? What happened to them? How did she lose them?”

Stanton said that Finding Dory picks up a year after Finding Nemo and while Dory is living a good life with Marlin and Nemo, her condition “can be a burden for those around her.” The story kicks into gear when “a traumatic event causes her homing instincts to kick in,” and Dory takes off to return to her family. As the film continues, Marlin and Nemo are looking for Dory, while she in turn is looking for her family.

Ellen DeGeneres and Albert Books (now officially confirmed) are of course returning as Dory and Marlin, and at the panel today, some new voice casting was revealed: Modern Family’s Ty Burrell as a beluga whale named Bailey that befriends Dory and as Dory's parents, Jenny and Charlie, Diane Keaton and Eugene Levy.

However, the biggest reveal came from Disney announcing their next big theatrical release. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Zootopia!

Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed their major animated feature film for 2016 at today's D23 Expo: Zootopia.

Director Byron Howard (Tangled) and writer Jared Bush presented Disney fans with a look at the concept art, overall plot, and the complex animal city of Zootopia.

The comedic adventure film follows Nick Wilde, a fast-talking fox who’s trying to make it big, who goes on the run when he’s framed for a crime he didn’t commit. Zootopia’s top cop, the self-righteous rabbit Lt. Judy Hopps, is hot on his tail, but when both become targets of a conspiracy, they’re forced to team up and discover even natural enemies can become best friends.

The filmmakers said they reached out to anthropologists and animal kingdom specialists for how animals might build a civilization in a world devoid of human beings. They joked that they initially created a wildebeest character as a smart-looking man in a business suit until scientists informed them that wildebeests are among the dumbest animals on earth, prompting them to alter the character to a dim-witted creature in a "I'm with Gnu-pid" t-shirt.

In a nod to how the real world has animal habitats, Zootopia is divided into different regions for different animals of different environments. There's Sahara Square, a fabulously wealthy desert region patterned after Dubai and Monte Carlo complete with casinos and brightly lit nighttime cityscapes; the winter wonderland of Tundratown, where ice mountains are transformed into high rises; Little Rodentia; and the overwhelmingly cute and sweet Burrow Borough, home to a billion bunnies.
Those are just a few of the areas of Zoolandia, which proved to be one of the biggest and best movie surprises at the first day of D23.
This sounds like it could be a pretty damn good movie. It's pretty much Star Fox meeting Sly Cooper. I'm just hoping to god that this is a 2D animated movie though, because that art-style needs more love and a movie like this seems very promising in that type of form. I can forgive Frozen not being in 2D, but this needs to be in that format, Disney.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top