King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:56 am

This thread... MUST BE REVIVED!

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a Disney mood now. So to break the ice, two questions/topics, both mainly Pixar related. One, how would you rank each of Pixar's franchises from best to least and top to bottom? And two, which Pixar franchise do you think deserves a sequel next?

I'll start off:
1. Toy Story
2. Monsters, Inc.
3. The Incredibles
4. Up
5. WALL-E
6. Finding Nemo
7. A Bug's Life
8. Ratatouille
9. Brave
10. Cars (The only Pixar franchise I honestly consider to be disappointing, and the fact that this has to be the ONE Pixar franchise to get a sequel besides Toy Story 2 and has so much merchandise with even an upcoming spin-of film with Planes, I am sorely disappointed. No offense to any Cars fans, but seriously?)

Anyways, as for which franchise I find needing a sequel, it has to be The Incredibles, hands down. I'll be surprised if I don't see anybody saying this. I got Toy Story 3 to complete the trilogy with the best ending it could ever have and I finally got my Monsters, Inc. sequel (Well it's technically a prequel, but I'll still take it. Who knows, maybe ac actual sequel can be Monsters Inc 3? It'd be interesting to say the least.). If I can get a sequel to The Incredibles, I can honestly say that as a Disney fan in general, I will die happy. <3

Also, for anyone who didn't know (Like me), a Finding Nemo sequel IS confirmed. I of course would've preferred The Incredibles, but I'm honestly still perfectly fine with it as I do love Finding Nemo as much as any other Pixar film (Besides Cars of course). I know some might be wondering what the plot could be that's different from nemo getting lost again, but I personally see this as the nest chapter for the franchise with a completely new plot, characters, etc. like how Toy Story 2 was to Toy Story 1. Like Monsters University, I expect the title to not just be Finding Nemo 2 actually. However, I can wait a few more years for Incredibles 2 then, I guess... Here's the source:

http://screenrant.com/pixar-finding-nemo-2/
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godman873 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:24 pm

When I was little we needed to replace my hercules VHS three times because I watched it so much. Guess what my favorite Disney movie is?

Favorite Villain? Tie between Zurg and Dr. Facilier

as for pixar:

1. UP/Toy story (they hit their target audience well and both do what they wanted to)
2. Monsters Inc (KITTY!)
3. Incredibles (Dash's laugh when he runs over water is OP)
4. A bug's life (I had a toy telescope that would scare me at night because it would repeat over and over: Like my new invention? It's a telescope!)
5. Ratatouille (Beginning made no sense, end was a bit confusing bit it was good.)
6. Brave (Funny as hell at the start and you weren't disappointed that you watched it)
7. Cars (It was good, not much else to say)
8. All the other pixar fims
9. Finding Nemo (I hated this movie, it was poorly executed and being afraid of fish didn't help.)

I have never seen WALL-E so putting it in the lost wouldn't have been fair
Godman873
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : Facade393

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey look, a new MU video! I actually saw this when I went to see The Hobbit a couple of weeks ago, but I finally found the video. <3

I have to say, I cannot freaking wait for this! Mike and Sully FTW! Now all I need is for The Incredibles to get a sequel and I will attain inner peace...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm still skeptical but I'll check it out.

The Incredibles 2 is a must though!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 pm

...How dare you be skeptical about a Monsters Inc continuation. I waited for over a decade for this freaking movie, and even though it isn't a sequel as I expected, it's still looking to be pretty awesome.

lol I'm just kidding, it's fine. Although now I'm suddenly feeling like I might like The Incredibles over Monsters Inc now. I always debate with myself for some reason. In my opinion, The Incredibles has the better plot (With a kickass villain also), but Monsters Inc. has more entertaining elements and emotions (Dat ending dude). WHO DO I CHOOSE?! awesome
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Slayer5228 wrote:I'm still skeptical but I'll check it out.

The Incredibles 2 is a must though!

Da fuck!?! When did this happen!?!
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Dude... it hasn't happened yet. It's just a suggestion, it is NOT confirmed. However, a Finding Nemo sequel is, just so you know.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Count Mario wrote:Dude... it hasn't happened yet. It's just a suggestion, it is NOT confirmed. However, a Finding Nemo sequel is, just so you know.

Some stories should not have a sequel. Takes away the importance of the movie standing on its own.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Count Mario wrote:Dude... it hasn't happened yet. It's just a suggestion, it is NOT confirmed. However, a Finding Nemo sequel is, just so you know.

Awww. Got my hopes up there :(

Not a fan of Finding Nemo though.

Btw, has anyone seen Brave?
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:

Some stories should not have a sequel. Takes away the importance of the movie standing on its own.
Believe, I know. However, Pixar is one of the few companies that can actually make a sequel on par or even better than the original product. While I don't want a sequel to every one of their movies, there are certain ones like The Incredibles 2 that just have so much potential, especially from a company like Pixar.

And yes, I've seen Brave. I thought it was decent and I liked it, but in terms of Pixar's work, it's definitely at the bottom sadly. However, it's still miles ahead of Cars though (Pun intended). I pretty much adore every other Pixar franchise though.

Also, just to add something, if you could name a Pixar franchise that you think should remain a singular entity and NOT have a sequel, which would it be? I say Up and WALL-E because those were masterpieces that I think should be left alone. Definitely not another Cars movie though, for obvious reasons. I'm open to anything else though to be honest, although all I ever wanted were sequels to the Incredibles and Monsters Inc.

Last edited by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Another Incredibles I can see, but another Finding Nemo, not so much.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Yeah, I can see why. However, it doesn't need to stick to the whole "Finding" aesthetic akin to the first one, it could even have a completely new name. I think there are possibilities for a sequel, to say the least. Global warning/the greenhouse effect or underwater pollution could pertain to certain possibilities, although they'd be a bit cliche. How about the continuation of the misadventures of the fish tank crew? I'm not rolling my head with enthusiasm about it either, but I loved the first one, so I'm willing to give Pixar a chance.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:24 pm

I actually hope Toy Story is over and done with. I think it's finished strong.

And I agree with your comment on Brave count. Whilst not Pixar's strongest film, it's definitely entertaining right?
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Oh I definitely agree about Toy Story. I can't believe I forgot to mention how perfect 3's ending was. If Pixar wants more Toy Story, just stick with the shorts, or maybe take the Dreamworks route and make an animated show on Disney XD, I guess. Although I don't fully recommend or stand by that, I'm just suggesting. Or... you know... they could make a continuation series of the old Buzz Lightyear show that was totally awesome and epic. Now that is what I'd like to see the most out of these possibilities. <3

And yes, it's definitely entertaining and had nice morals and emotion. It just kind of fell short to me. I definitely wouldn't object to a Brave world in Kingdom Hearts, but Square Enix would need to revamp the plot a bit.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Finding Nemo 2: Nemo gets lost again!

I really don't want that too happen...>.>
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Like I said earlier, it can definitely move away from the whole "Finding" aesthetic", to the point where it doesn't even have to be called Finding Nemo 2. Like say, having plot elements based on water pollution or global warming, or maybe even focusing on the fish tank gang's misadventures after they escaped.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Slayer5228 wrote:Finding Nemo 2: Nemo gets lost again!

I really don't want that too happen...>.>

That will be the day I cry with depression. Mark your calenders folks. I will cry.

I dunno Count, the story seems right for Kingdom Hearts. You have a boss. A ally to help you out. A suitable story. And a enough areas in the film to explore.
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:54 pm

It's not really that, it does have the suitable pieces. But it's mainly the whole "we have to try and get mama cured and everybody in the kingdom is trying to kill her" that I'm a bit worried about. I dunno, I'd change it to having Queen Elinor having her heart possibly fall to darkness through the bear spell and having sudden demonic-esque urges like in the movie, maybe even resulting in a boss fight like how you fought Beast in Kingdom Hearts II. You know what, nevermind, the story's fine. I don't even see the flaws I thought this had anymore lol. XD

You know what I want to see in Kingdom Hearts again though? Disney villains actually being a major dynamic in the plot like in Kingdom Hearts 1, possibly with another Disney Villain league instead of them all being scattered and the focus being on "Maleficent, Pete, and their Band of Misfits". In fact, after Kingdom Hearts III, I really hope Maleficent gets replaced as the central DIsney antagonist, possibly by the Evil Queen from Snow White due to her hinted disappearance in Birth by Sleep.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Count Mario wrote:It's not really that, it does have the suitable pieces. But it's mainly the whole "we have to try and get mama cured and everybody in the kingdom is trying to kill her" that I'm a bit worried about. I dunno, I'd change it to having Queen Elinor having her heart possibly fall to darkness through the bear spell and having sudden demonic-esque urges like in the movie, maybe even resulting in a boss fight like how you fought Beast in Kingdom Hearts II. You know what, nevermind, the story's fine. I don't even see the flaws I thought this had anymore lol. XD

You know what I want to see in Kingdom Hearts again though? Disney villains actually being a major dynamic in the plot like in Kingdom Hearts 1, possibly with another Disney Villain league instead of them all being scattered and the focus being on "Maleficent, Pete, and their Band of Misfits". In fact, after Kingdom Hearts III, I really hope Maleficent gets replaced as the central DIsney antagonist, possibly by the Evil Queen from Snow White due to her hinted disappearance in Birth by Sleep.

At the end of the day, they managed to make Return of Jafar decent in KH2. I think it's fair to say they know what they're doing with KH :P

And god yes! I mean yeh it's great to see Pete show up. But I want to see the Disney villains team up again. Maybe for KH4? Not KH3. I want Xehanort all wrapped up.

Though gotta admit, Julius as the secret boss in DDD was bloody mental
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 pm

lol I'm not saying they don't know what they're doing. In fact, quite the opposite. I just maybe thought that they'd try to alter the plot for their own use and progression, like they have done with other stories in DIsney worlds before. Also, on topic of Aladdin, I REALLY hope that King of Thieves will be used as a new plot for Agrabah. That movie's the only reason I'd like to see that world return after so many appearances since it's allow so many new areas and characters, along with a better plot in general than return of Jafar.

I actually love Pete, I wouldn't mind him sticking around. Or possibly reverting to being a bit of an anti-hero later on. It's just, I find Maleficent having to have the lead role to be so limiting for Disney's vast library of villains and potential for the franchise. In fact, I still think she should've stayed dead after Kingdom Hearts 1. However, I love the thought of, say, Syndrome (If Pixar gets included) working with Syndrome and Professor Ratigan. <3

Also, I loved that Julius was a secret boss and that a Disney cartoon like Runaway Brain even got acknowledged. That and The Three Musketeers being a world in 3D made me having a derpy smile on my face. I'd love to have Willie, the giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk, as a future boss as well. Although, if there's one Disney character I want to see as a secret boss, it HAS to be the one and only:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I really do hope King of Thieves is done. It would be a great way to finish that world.

Professor Ratigan? Yes. Yes. That villain was epic! And I agree, the fact Julius was there gave DDD my winning affection. We need more worlds from the old stuff. How about Who Framed Roger Rabbit? And yes, Headless Horseman! Or this bad ass guy

King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm

OMG, yes, the Horned King would be epic! In fact, I'd personally love it if he was the next major Disney antagonist akin to Maleficent, it'd be perfect. <3 And I've been dying for a Black Cauldron world. We definitely need more retro characters and worlds. Who Framed Roger Rabbit sounds pretty cool, but it would be tricky to pull off with all of the themes and all of the characters being together, so personally, I don't really think it'd work as a world that well to be quite honest. I wouldn't mind a few references like some ads for Toon Town or Roger Rabbit (And his gorgeous wife as well) making a cameo.

Okay, I got two ideas. How about we get a new mini-game DIsney world like 100 Acre Wood, but for other lighter Disney films? I would adore a mini-game world for The Fox and the Hound, and the best part is that it would have a great and emotional story to boot. Secondly, as for another classic Disney film like The Great Mouse Detective, how about a Robin Hood world?

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Count Mario wrote:OMG, yes, the Horned King would be epic! In fact, I'd personally love it if he was the next major Disney antagonist akin to Maleficent, it'd be perfect. <3 And I've been dying for a Black Cauldron world. We definitely need more retro characters and worlds. Who Framed Roger Rabbit sounds pretty cool, but it would be tricky to pull off with all of the themes and all of the characters being together, so personally, I don't really think it'd work as a world that well to be quite honest. I wouldn't mind a few references like some ads for Toon Town or Roger Rabbit (And his gorgeous wife as well) making a cameo.

Okay, I got two ideas. How about we get a new mini-game DIsney world like 100 Acre Wood, but for other lighter Disney films? I would adore a mini-game world for The Fox and the Hound, and the best part is that it would have a great and emotional story to boot. Secondly, as for another classic Disney film like The Great Mouse Detective, how about a Robin Hood world?

The Horned King is so bad ass. I'm surprised he hasn't appeared already! Actually I agree with the Roger Rabbit. But still it's a great example.

I would love to see Fox and the Hound. Actually Robin Hood's world works. You have a suitable boss, many areas, obviously an ally and the story doesn't need changing.

Madam Mim's a great choice for a boss too! Actually any of the following would be a great choice for bosses (From a developer's point of view) (There are tons)

Spoiler:
Doctor Facilier, Madam Mim, The Horned King, Gaston (Seriously, why wasn't he a boss?), Ratigan, Percival C.McLeach, Queen Narissa, The Mad Doctor, Hopper, Sheriff of Nottingham, Syndrome, Willie the Giant, The Backson, Headless Horseman, Denahi, Roscoe & DeSoto, Sa'Luk, Merlock the Magician
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Yes, YES! I agree and recognize every single one of those characters! YAY And you might as well have Gaston, Frollo, and the Evil Queen make up the club of "Rejected Obvious Disney Bosses". I mean, I would've loved Gaston and see no reason why he couldn't fit in with the plot. I guess it was because Square wad trying a bit too hard to come up with an original plot for Beast's Castle.

Also, the Shadow Blot from Epic Mickey would also make for a fine hidden boss. Wink Although, i don't really see you fighting the Backson, considering how he's actually nice and the tone of Winnie the Pooh. The most were going to see of a "boss battle" with him is reenacting The Backson song. However, I'd like to add to your list:

Spoiler:
Yzma and/or Kronk, Charles Muntz, Auto, Cruella Deville (In some form of a Heartless mobile), Governor Ratcliffe, the Jabberwocky, Davy Jones and/or the Kraken, Shere Khan, Randal Boggs and/or Mr. Waternoose, John Silver, and Commander Roark.

However, there is one boss that would be epic beyond comprehension if featured:

Spoiler:
The Firebird from Fantasia 2000:
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content